How to ruin Man Utd...

Hey,

Now this may sound strange because I am a HUGE Man Utd fan but....

I want to know the best way to use the editor to bankrupt man utd so they get relegated, sell all their players so I can take over and rebuild because the only club I want to manage is man utd and that is not a challenge on fm. Can anyone help and do sponsorships change if you get relegated??

Thanks

Could you not just swap them with a side in the BSP, put their reputation at rock bottom, remove the sponsorships altogether and holiday for a year? By that time, anyone with sense would have left the club, and they'll presumably be a league 2 side.

Lower the team's reputation, put them in big debt, use the "make all contracts expire" option in FMRTE, swap them with a BSP.. plenty of options for you ;)

When I wanted to destroy West Ham I just made all their contracts expire, the next day all players chose to leave the club and they got full of grey players until they decided to make some transfers.. :p

Could you not just swap them with a side in the BSP, put their reputation at rock bottom, remove the sponsorships altogether and holiday for a year? By that time, anyone with sense would have left the club, and they'll presumably be a league 2 side.

Can just imagine a full strength Man Utd side playing in BSS/BSN that wouldnt even be a challenge, but it would be damn funny to see them winning every game 10-0

Can just imagine a full strength Man Utd side playing in BSS/BSN that wouldnt even be a challenge, but it would be damn funny to see them winning every game 10-0

But then again, with the way that FM works at times, the entire squad could lose all motivation, morale could drop to very poor for pretty much every player due to the fact that they are in such a low league, complacency could set in because they are so much better than all the other players on the other teams.....who knows; they may not even finish high enough to be in the playoffs.

With low reputation, they wouldn't do that well - if it's an AI controlled league, matches are simulated with heavy weighting on rep.

Plus, I'd imagine most every player would be thoroughly demotivated and looking for an exit strategy.

I think it would be much easier to re-name Manchester United to "Posh United" in the editor, then change the name of an obscure club in 10th division (download that database) to Manchester United, remove all the staff and players... just start from the bottom.

Archived