Anti Football Tactic (direct counter attack)

DOWNLOAD

This is the Direct Counter attacking tactic ive been working on, its been made with underdog teams in mind as its designed to spoil the game and hit teams on the break with long balls and quick counter attacks. In many ways its a little like Jose Mourinho's style, certainly lots of similarities.

The tactic is a 433/451 depending on how you want to see it:

sheffieldwednesdaysheff.png

npowerfootballleagueone.png

npowerfootballleaguecha.png

PLEASE READ:

The tactic is not a plug and play as such, its 2 tactics, one for home matches and one for away matches, very simple. PLEASE USE THE 2 TACTICS ALL THE TIME OR IT WONT WORK!

You can switch to the home tactic for the last 20-30 mins if your losing, as soon as your level though change back to away. I wouldn't advise using the away tactic at home ever.

The system as ive said already is direct and aims to hit teams on the counter, it is very important that the front 3 (particularly the wingers) be as quick as possible. Look for Pace and Acceleration to be above 15.

The rest of the outfield i would suggest be strong, good heading and good tacklers as their job is simply to get the ball and launch it to the front 3. However thats not rule of thumb and ill leave that up to you, a gifted midfielder or 2 wouldn't hurt i suppose.

Dont expect to dominate possession or have a good pass completion rating because your not going to. These tactics are all about beating teams with defensive ugly football.

TESTING:

Im using the tactic with Sheff Wed, currently in my 2nd season in the championship after promotion in the previous season. I dont know how the tactics would work with a top team. They should work with any team though if you have the pace up front.

1st Season with Sheff Wed in League 1 went great, we were expected to do well but we still exceeded all expectations.

Im now in the Championship, expected to finish 22nd but as you can see doing far better than that. If we get up my squad will be cannon fodder in the Prem surely.

NEED TO KNOW:

PITCH SIZE- AS BIG AS POSSIBLE.

NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS USED.

MATCH PREP WAS HANDLED BY THE ASSISTANT.

I USED NO SHOUTS.

I USED DEFAULT TRAINING.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE HOME TACTIC FOR EVERY HOME GAME AND THE AWAY TACTIC FOR EVERY AWAY GAME.

YOUR FRONT 3, ESPECIALLY THE WINGERS MUST BE FAST.

Hope you enjoy the tactic. Follow my instructions or it wont work, and give it time.

Reguards JP.

Finished my 2nd season with Sheff Wed. Its went amazing when you consider we had just come up and we were tipped for relegation. My squad as you can see isnt the best, though it does suit these tactics.

We managed to get an amazing 2nd consecutive promotion finishing runners up to Wigan, who we actually beat twice in the league and once in the cup.

npowerfootballleaguecha.png

In the FA cup we were equally brilliant and amazingly made it all the way to the final were we were unlucky to be beaten by Man Utd after extra time. Beating Premier League Bolton 5-0 was the highlight.

very nice going there JP ,well dont mate ..ive just started a save with crawley so ill be using your latest masterpiece. ill update as my season progresses ....cheers

Cheers. Ill look forward to hearing how it works for you. Remember to try and get some pace on the wings, or as best as you can manage anyway baring in mind you wont have much of a buget. Dont worry about the other attributes, as long as they can launch it you will be fine. Good luck.

Any other important attributes? Besides pace and acceleration...

Obviously you could throw in Dribbling and crossing for the wingers if you can afford it. The tactics though are made for teams that dont have the best bugets so just keep it simple. You want a workman like team rather than a skillfull one so work rate, strength, tackling, heading and concentration would all be assets.

I tried to leave you a reply on fm base but i dont think the server could handle my swear words and joyment lol, long story cut short = i just beat celtic 1-0 at home in my first ever champions league group stage in the history of linfield lol best team in northern ireland, so i would think that would be like a conference or 4th div team beating celtic and in the champs league, more of my story to come .......... actually now that i remember this season or league was ranked 420th out of all comps ..

Started like a train in my blackburn game. Second in the league and level on points only behind Arsenal on goal difference after 15 games. Beat Man Utd away 2-0 and Chelsea 2-1 at home. Superb tactic, best ive used in a long time, well in mate

"Wow" is all I can say!!! Been moving up the Leagues with Melksham Town (Yeah I know - who?? lol) of course the further you go, the more outclassed you're gonna be. Haven't found a tactic till now that nullifies the gulf in class when you move up. - Currently in the Blue Square South - tipped to finish bottom - yet with your tactic, which I didn't start the season with, I am now up to fifth. Thank You JP, for a superb tactic. Will let you know how the season finishes!!

First sorry for my bad English

It's going wel with my team (heracles Almelo, dutch competition) I win a lot of games by big teams, but when I play against smaller teams I lost a lot of these games. What can I do to play also well against small teams?

First sorry for my bad English

It's going wel with my team (heracles Almelo, dutch competition) I win a lot of games by big teams, but when I play against smaller teams I lost a lot of these games. What can I do to play also well against small teams?

You could maybe try unticking the counter attack and maybe push the defensive line up a little.

"Wow" is all I can say!!! Been moving up the Leagues with Melksham Town (Yeah I know - who?? lol) of course the further you go, the more outclassed you're gonna be. Haven't found a tactic till now that nullifies the gulf in class when you move up. - Currently in the Blue Square South - tipped to finish bottom - yet with your tactic, which I didn't start the season with, I am now up to fifth. Thank You JP, for a superb tactic. Will let you know how the season finishes!!

Glad you like it. I wanted to make something with lower league teams in mind.

Is it good for Big teams too? like Man Utd or Liverpool? I think it's very similar to Jose Mourinho's tactic. I love his tactic and im glad to use this kind of tactic on my save file!

Is it good for Big teams too? like Man Utd or Liverpool? I think it's very similar to Jose Mourinho's tactic. I love his tactic and im glad to use this kind of tactic on my save file!

Yes it works for big teams too, probably wont need the away tactic though.

Archived