Player Condition

I usualy rest em if they are under about 96% fitness but even with this I am getting usualy at least one player drop to around 70% fitness before half time.

Yuck. Playing in BSN i try to have my starting eleven above 80% condition at kickoff

Are you giving them time to recover? When a player picks up a knock his condition will immediately drop, but it will pick up again over the next 10 mins or so as he 'runs it off'.

This.

If a player gets a knock, don't sub him straight away, wait and see if he recovers.

What annoys me is that sometimes the condition drops without the report of any knock.

Or maybe the knock actually happens but isn't reported by the commentary.

it's usually as a result of a particularly hard tackle rather than a 'knock' and most players will recover after a time...

I leave players on the pitch who have condition in their 50's... depends on how they're playing, who else might be subbed, etc...

If they don't have a star, they have been in a rough tackle and been hurt. As have been said above, usually they recover quite nicely so don't substitute them right away. If, as you say, they are in the 70's at half-time, however, most likely they won't recover as much after that. The reason is that they gain like 10% condition at half-time, and if they are in the 50's or 60's after such an incident they won't recover enough.

I always sub players who are way below the other ones in condition, as well as players who have a knock. That may save them from being unavailable for the next match.

Archived