Fm 2012

SI has announced that they only give 3 patches for each release.

Although it has been 2 years straight now they only provided 2 patches. I can hardly considered a release-day-1 patch as patch no.1

Well it was still patch number 1, hence the name 11.1.

SI has announced that they only give 3 patches for each release.

Although it has been 2 years straight now they only provided 2 patches. I can hardly considered a release-day-1 patch as patch no.1

What is the standard amount of time allowed between release and patch before its allowed to be called a patch?

While FM12 hasn't been formally announced yet, I think it's fair to say that it will be released in October or November 2011, will be available on Steam and via retail outlets, and will cost around £35 RRP. It'll include up to date information on hundreds of thousands of players and will feature a "groundbreaking" new feature, yet to be announced.

What is the standard amount of time allowed between release and patch before its allowed to be called a patch?

It's not about the name.

SI has predetermined to release maximum 3 patch, as in if there are still bugs after 3 trial of error fixing than nevertheless they have deliver their promise to customer.

If the 11.1 was applied in the release (since it is release day patch) then we still at 11.2 and maybe, just maybe they will be willing to provide us another minor bugs fixed.

PS. Not everybody can fix thing using that FMTRE that you always suggest. Maybe they should include it in the disc for next version. :lol:

It's not about the name.

SI has predetermined to release maximum 3 patch, as in if there are still bugs after 3 trial of error fixing than nevertheless they have deliver their promise to customer.

If the 11.1 was applied in the release (since it is release day patch) then we still at 11.2 and maybe, just maybe they will be willing to provide us another minor bugs fixed.

PS. Not everybody can fix thing using that FMTRE that you always suggest. Maybe they should include it in the disc for next version. :lol:

you dont seem to understand 11.0 was locked in a long time before we got to play it for the first time. 11.1 was a fix for all problems they could fix after that. 11.1 was still the second build of FM11, it just so happens we didnt get that long to play around with 11.0.

what the hell has FMRTE got to do with this thread?

I understand about the technical you post.

Try to read my opinion and stop playing defender. I love this game series as you are. :)

Regardless of long locked 11.0, we as customer immediately have 11.1 AT PAYING day. SI could easily considered 11.1 as 11.0 and therefore can give us one more fix, but they don't.

The hell FMTRE got to do is many find that editor as the only solution to bugs because the developers refuse to give us more. the irony is fmtre is not from SI.

I understand about the technical you post.

Try to read my opinion and stop playing defender. I love this game series as you are. :)

Regardless of long locked 11.0, we as customer immediately have 11.1 AT PAYING day. SI could easily considered 11.1 as 11.0 and therefore can give us one more fix, but they don't.

The hell FMTRE got to do is many find that editor as the only solution to bugs because the developers refuse to give us more. the irony is fmtre is not from SI.

but it wasnt 11.0 it was the second build of the game, doesnt matter when it was released, it would have always been 11.1, nothing can change that fact.

i still dont get why your bringing up FMRTE in this thread, and why you tried to use it to have a go at me, whilst admitting it can fix issues that SI wont.

well, how would customers feel if there was 3 patch at first 3 release day ? :D I always thought that patching strategy should according to whether there are issues to fix or not instead of a certain number of patch on a certain range of time.

and once again about the fmtre, i do not use it against you.

i'm not native english speaker. apology if you think so.

well, how would customers feel if there was 3 patch at first 3 release day ? :D I always thought that patching strategy should according to whether there are issues to fix or not instead of a certain number of patch on a certain range of time.

and once again about the fmtre, i do not use it against you.

i'm not native english speaker. apology if you think so.

well your right and wrong, with a game like FM there will always be improvements, especially with something like the ME, because its always evolving, there are also continuous data changes so there will always be 3 patches, even if they had most of the features perfect they would still release 3 patches to keep things uptodate. To mimic reality you have to follow it to a certain degree, and because things in reality change constantly they try to keep this up with the patches.

no.

to keep thing uptodate, technically they only need to release 1 data update, that is january transfer update.

cmiiw, data update doesn't necessarily = patch.

There is alot more to an SI data update than transfers, in fact the transfers will be one of the smallest parts of the data update they perform at least twice a year.

With the constant work being done to the ME alone, the three patches are needed.

Archived