new feature: testamonials??

one thing id really love to see on football manager is the introduction of testamonials, for both those players who were already at the club when you take over or for those players youve managed at the club for 10 years.

i think this would add a lovely little touch of realism, maybe even a managerial testamonial.

now i know modern day testamonials involve retired players making cameos etc and i understand this could not be implemented for many reasons however i see no reason why club a can play club x.

for those that do not know what a testamonial is, its a game arranged in aid for a player/staff who has been at a club for 10 years or more, all profits made from gate receipts go to the player/staff.

it would not effect a clubs finances as costs are covered and it is only profits going to a player.

some may feel this is pointless but i think its a really nice touch especially for those that play long term saves

me too, would be a nice feature.

i have players who have been at the club 10-15 years but aren't favoured personel and i have to imagine that they mean something to the club.

players staying 10 years plus should be recognised in some way.

I agree with the suggestion, the club the player played for the most aside from his current club could play, or an international side, for example, or his favourred club, or a rival club, or the club of a former manager, or a club near his place of birth, or a big club from his country of birth...

Yeah I'd like this feature, I've organised a few friendlies like that of my own before and just mentally described them as so-and-so's testimonial :D

I've done that before. If I've got a player who has been at the club for ages and announces they are going to retire at the end of the season I will try and organise a friendly against a club that means something to them for a few days before they retire.

ive often wondered why this is not built into the game already, it cant be that hard for the game to reconise ten seasons and at least give you the option of arranging one, i always do them on my own anyway but it would be nice for the game to show them as official testimonial games.

Yeah I'd like this feature, I've organised a few friendlies like that of my own before and just mentally described them as so-and-so's testimonial :D

done this my self before as pre season cups, inviting his favourite teams, barring that a club of wich one of his performances stands out against, for example i had a midfielder carlao come through my ranks, on his debut he scored twice against beskitas in europe so they get teh invite

i also put the player on all penaltys and freekicks in the hope he scores :)

I did one on my save on 11.2 for Frank Lampard. Played a friendly against West Ham about 3 days before he retired, put him on penalties and free kicks etc. and then kept reloading the game until he scored :D What happened? He scored 2 penalties, then got injured, apparently he was out for 3 months! Didn't matter, but it was a shame that he left injured.

Archived