Preseason Title Odds

Anybody else experiencing this? Sorry if it was posted before, but I searched this forum for 'odds' and didn't come up with anything relating to this issue.

VhdeC.png

Manchester City, 7-4 favourites for the title? Well, sounds reasonable, except when you consider that...

bL9Nb.png

You know what, I think Leeds might just pip them to the post this year. Possibly.

The funny thing is that I have been keeping an eye on this for a while now, and it's always Man City who are the bookmakers' favourites. No matter what. Every year. Man City. Even after the years when they didn't even make the top 3 the season before, they're still favourites the following season. I'm guessing this must be a bug?

He might have re-signed Beckford :D...

i thought the same

I havnt played a proper game on fm11 yet, but if it is the case that he is'nt cheating then I will be really disappointed. I thought it would be more difficult than that

theres no way that you could build a team with leeds in just 4-5 seasons to become the greatest force in english history. you must have cheated

What a lousy remark.

I did almost the same with Leeds in FM10. Winning the EPL in 2014, then again in 2017 and the following 9 seasons.

theres no way that you could build a team with leeds in just 4-5 seasons to become the greatest force in english history. you must have cheated

Are you kidding? Of course you can and I'm hardly the only person on these forums that has done something like this. I suppose in your estimation everyone that has dominated the EPL is a cheat?

If you are both tactically competent, and aware at the game's outset of the best prospects and most cost-effective signings (protip: read GPTG) then this is simply not that difficult - you can build a team that will walk the Championship in the first season for under a million pounds, and once you have the additional financial clout of being a Premiership club, you should win the EPL after a few years in the division if you are half decent at FM.

edited to add:

I havnt played a proper game on fm11 yet, but if it is the case that he is'nt cheating then I will be really disappointed.

Oh right, so even though you "haven't played a proper game on FM11 yet" and therefore clearly don't know what you're talking about, you still feel justified in going round accusing people of cheating. Thanks for your input, you're a top notch poster.

Are you kidding? Of course you can and I'm hardly the only person on these forums that has done something like this. I suppose in your estimation everyone that has dominated the EPL is a cheat?

If you are both tactically competent, and aware at the game's outset of the best prospects and most cost-effective signings (protip: read GPTG) then this is simply not that difficult - you can build a team that will walk the Championship in the first season for under a million pounds, and once you have the additional financial clout of being a Premiership club, you should win the EPL after a few years in the division if you are half decent at FM.

edited to add:

Oh right, so even though you "haven't played a proper game on FM11 yet" and therefore clearly don't know what you're talking about, you still feel justified in going round accusing people of cheating. Thanks for your input, you're a top notch poster.

Ok fair enough if you dont cheat. I just cant remember a game ever being that easy. I mean with the finances and everything that Leeds have, it seems ridiculous that you should even get in Europe in the first 5 years, let alone what you done. I cant believe the game would be so easy.

Ok fair enough if you dont cheat. I just cant remember a game ever being that easy. I mean with the finances and everything that Leeds have, it seems ridiculous that you should even get in Europe in the first 5 years, let alone what you done. I cant believe the game would be so easy.

The game has always been easy once you know the tactics. Once you know the players to get as well then even starting in the champoinship is only a minor obstacle.

Back on topic I was given pretty long odds after winning the PL but I did notice another thing that ought to be a bug, it was a major buzzkill at least.

Finished 10th (Predicted 17th) in my second season, in my third (Predicted 15th) I managed to win the FA cup thanks to a lot of luck (Top teams knocking each other out) and a nervy penalty shootout. What does the board have to say about this historic win?

"Blah blah blah considered favorites, blah blah kept to a minimum"

Excuse me?

Ive been seen as relegation fodder for two seasons now and ive just won the FA cup with cardiff for the second time in club history! The last time being in between the world wars!

Personally I was over the moon with winning the FA cup, but the boards reaction was a huge bring down. at least make a bit of a fuss about it.

The game has always been easy once you know the tactics. Once you know the players to get as well then even starting in the champoinship is only a minor obstacle.

Back on topic I was given pretty long odds after winning the PL but I did notice another thing that ought to be a bug, it was a major buzzkill at least.

Finished 10th (Predicted 17th) in my second season, in my third (Predicted 15th) I managed to win the FA cup thanks to a lot of luck (Top teams knocking each other out) and a nervy penalty shootout. What does the board have to say about this historic win?

"Blah blah blah considered favorites, blah blah kept to a minimum"

Excuse me?

Ive been seen as relegation fodder for two seasons now and ive just won the FA cup with cardiff for the second time in club history! The last time being in between the world wars!

Personally I was over the moon with winning the FA cup, but the boards reaction was a huge bring down. at least make a bit of a fuss about it.

Absolutely agreed. It's way to boring to see ohh you have to focus on other task, we don't care that you won the cup which we didn't manage to get near in 100 years.

I mean if you achieve something like that the club dressing room should be filled with champaign for two days in a row. I would definitely allow the players a 2 day leave.

Man city have been favourites in every single season I've played on 11 thus far. It's kind of hilarious.

I also love that when someone posts an accomplishment the first response is they cheated. Classy posting.

Ok, i'm still on FM10 but...I've won the title for 8 (eight) years in a row with Oxford, yet each season there are 3 or four teams with better odds than us to win the title at the start of the season. Also my team get angry when i tip us to win the title in the press conferences!

I say again, 8 titles in a row!

I had something similar to the OP. It took me until the start of my twentieth season on my FM10 Arsenal save before I was made the bookies favourite for the title. I'd only won the previous 19 league titles! Every season I'd get to the start and think "surely I'm going to be favourite this time" but....no. Maybe the bookies in FM are just really crap? :D

Archived