8.02 confusion - How to tell who is a good player?

Well I am enjoying 8.02 but the problem is that now a good second foot has such an impact in the match engine you cant judge players by attributes any more. So how exactly do I tell if player A is better then player B? What premium should I put on a good weaker foot?

Well I am enjoying 8.02 but the problem is that now a good second foot has such an impact in the match engine you cant judge players by attributes any more. So how exactly do I tell if player A is better then player B? What premium should I put on a good weaker foot?

exactly. there's a complete mess of attributes on 802. it seems like it's much more important how strong the weaker foot is, then what player ability should be- attributes. I just can't agree with ME changing player attributes depending on weaker foot strenght, or how many positions a player can play. what is very interesting here is that game adds/takes off all attributes not just those which deal with feet ability like passing, dribbling, first touch. I could leave with changing those technical attributes for the sake of ME running easier. I just can't see any reason why game would change mental or physical ones. it's just not realistic. is messi stronger, quicker and better at positioning becouse he's left footed only? why is my both feet winger with no attributes +16 a better player then one-footed player with plenty of those +16 attributes? do attributes metter?

I stick to the players with 15+ in the required areas and this has served me well so far.

E.g. for a Defender I look for marking, concentration, heading, tackling and pace.

Each player I have purchased has increased in value steadily and has become a first team regular.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

I stick to the players with 15+ in the required areas and this has served me well so far.

E.g. for a Defender I look for marking, concentration, heading, tackling and pace.

Each player I have purchased has increased in value steadily and has become a first team regular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but a 1 footed player with 15+ is only going to be average in a top team but a 2 footed player with 15+ is going to be a god.

The worst thing is looking at 2 players and deciding who is better. I used to look at the attributes and based on which ones are more important and which are less important for the position I would decide who is better but know I cant do that because the weaker foot distorts it so much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I'm still using 8.0.1 and haven't yet patched because of these concerns. Is the 1/2 foot thing REALLY that bad, or are people over-egging it a little? I'd appreciate further opinions. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

match engine is better, the whole game is much better after 802. this issue becomes a problem when you're comparing, buying players. it's very frustrating for me becouse I got the feeling that "attributes don't metter", only CA does. well of course they do, someone with good pace will still run that quick. the only problem here is that one player who's one footed only, will have all his stats higher then in editor. and many times very extreme-http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1414/elanohv0.jpg

so if the stats do metter, this issue does affect game's realism. under the idea that researchers attributes are more accurate then in-game changing of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I verey rarely take any notice of which foot a player can use and it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the game yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it hasn't spoiled your enjoyment, becouse you very rarely take any notice to that metter icon_wink.gif

it didn't spoiled the game for me either. do a little test. make filter and search for some 5 or 6 stats all +15. you'll notice the vast majority of players will be "weak footed". becouse they have been added stats by the game. on the other side the game favours "both footed" players (which is insane for me). do we have to look for stats or only for "both footness". this is a very funny bug to me, especially if you consider that game changes not only technical, but mental and physical stats also-> messi is quicker, stronger, smarter becuse he's "weak fotted" and cristiano is less quicker, less stronger and less smarter becouse he's "both footed".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I verey rarely take any notice of which foot a player can use and it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the game yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it hasn't spoiled your enjoyment, becouse you very rarely take any notice to that metter icon_wink.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I notice whether my team wins games or not and whether my players are performing to the standard I expect so that is what I mean by it not really bothering me. I even have right-footed wingers on the left sometimes (something I used to always hate) and they perform perfectly well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

it didn't spoiled the game for me either. do a little test. make filter and search for some 5 or 6 stats all +15. you'll notice the vast majority of players will be "weak footed". becouse they have been added stats by the game. on the other side the game favours "both footed" players (which is insane for me). do we have to look for stats or only for "both footness". this is a very funny bug to me, especially if you consider that game changes not only technical, but mental and physical stats also-> messi is quicker, stronger, smarter becuse he's "weak fotted" and cristiano is less quicker, less stronger and less smarter becouse he's "both footed". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not a bug. SI intended it. The problem with the physical attributes is due to a data error because I dont think the researchers knew this change was coming and so they did not have the correct CA to attribute correlation and therefore attributes will be randomly increased or decreased to fit the CA, including physical attributes. If the same system is used in FM09 players should have the correct physical attributes and probably only technical attributes will change.

Anyway back to the point of the thread how do I decide between 2 players with a different level of weaker foot? how much importance do I put on this weaker foot compared to the attributes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Anyway back to the point of the thread how do I decide between 2 players with a different level of weaker foot? how much importance do I put on this weaker foot compared to the attributes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure but go for CA-> probably we have to listen to our scouts but I've seen some odd examples. player (yes, he was "weak footed") who really looked much better then my own best on that position and my best scout told me there's no difference between them. unfortunatly the game is biased towards CA instead of attributes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Confused....what is the supposed issue exactly? I haven't noticed anything or read about it for that matter. Nothing in this thread really sets it out either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's all documented in this very long (but brilliant) thread ..... CLICK HERE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Well I am enjoying 8.02 but the problem is that now a good second foot has such an impact in the match engine you cant judge players by attributes any more. So how exactly do I tell if player A is better then player B? What premium should I put on a good weaker foot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think in real life if you can use both feet equally well then that is extremely important so it should be so in FM as well.

of course you can still judge on stats but the game is so much more.

hidden stats play a part, as does what foot they can use etc.

and just becuase they look good doesn't mean they will be good. just look at morientes for liverpool.

as soon as he left liverpool he became good again.

is it really so EXTREMLY important to have both feet? it's an advantage defenetly, but not so extreme. maradona was one footed so is messi and they are crap, right? other strong foot is used for more options when dribbling (right-left), player will score a few more goals in the box with his weaker foot and will try from time to time those 50 meter pasesbut mostly a player will tend to use his stronger foot as much as possibile. the only player which I remember who really didn't metter which foot he used, is pavel nedved. even I'm able to pass easy 15m pass or shoot from near with my left foot. and we're talking about pro players here!!

your morientes example doesn't have anything to do with this metter. yeah he might not settled very well in l'pool. it happens.

"of course you can still judge on stats but the game is so much more.

hidden stats play a part, as does what foot they can use etc."

I'll tell you what is so much more. it is CA. hidden stats? oh yeah, consistency!! every kid knows that.

I just can't believe how prople will blindly defend the game even when makers of it told that this metter will be looked into and they will intriduce new researching tools so that this doesn't happen again.

Clearly it isn't so "EXTREMELY" important to be able to use both feet (definitely I'll agree it is important to have both feet, but that's another matter...) as people manage to win games and play whatever style they wish with a team containing numerous "one-footed" players so I still don't see what point you are trying to make other than that the game doesn't 100% accurately model real life which we all know anyway.

Clearly it isn't so "EXTREMELY" important to be able to use both feet (definitely I'll agree it is important to have both feet, but that's another matter...) as people manage to win games and play whatever style they wish with a team containing numerous "one-footed" players so I still don't see what point you are trying to make other than that the game doesn't 100% accurately model real life which we all know anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if I remeber right I was trying to discuss this thread's metter at first and then you fb's kicked in with your defending of this issue. did anyone of you posted smth usefull about this thread's question. no. you only said you didn't noticed it and that is extremly important to have both feet IRE... but I have every right to be extremly ****ed with this bug and I can write what I want. and that's my point. what's yours?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try managing in a lower level league sometime, where you're lucky if you can find players with better than a 7 or 8 in required areas. icon_biggrin.gif

There are other threads to debate the realism of the weaker foot being so important. I just want to know how important people have noticed the weaker foot to be in the game and how they judge players now that they cant just look at attributes? Cant even use Genie scout's positional ratings since they aren't set up for the weaker foot playing such a big part. I guess the best option is to look at CA and then look at the attributes to make sure they are the right ones for the position.

is it really so EXTREMLY important to have both feet? it's an advantage defenetly, but not so extreme. maradona was one footed so is messi and they are crap, right? other strong foot is used for more options when dribbling (right-left), player will score a few more goals in the box with his weaker foot and will try from time to time those 50 meter pasesbut mostly a player will tend to use his stronger foot as much as possibile. the only player which I remember who really didn't metter which foot he used, is pavel nedved. even I'm able to pass easy 15m pass or shoot from near with my left foot. and we're talking about pro players here!!

your morientes example doesn't have anything to do with this metter. yeah he might not settled very well in l'pool. it happens.

"of course you can still judge on stats but the game is so much more.

hidden stats play a part, as does what foot they can use etc."

I'll tell you what is so much more. it is CA. hidden stats? oh yeah, consistency!! every kid knows that.

I just can't believe how prople will blindly defend the game even when makers of it told that this metter will be looked into and they will intriduce new researching tools so that this doesn't happen again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what i'm trying to say with the morientez example is that some players can look good in terms of stats but they just dont cut it in the games.

and i'm sure in another thread paul C said that a player who can use both feet well is going to much better.

anyway we're not saying that messi is going to be rubbish because he can only use one foot. just that if he could use both equally well then he would surely be able to put in better performances.

Archived