Blue Square Prem help!

Hey guys, I'm about to start a season with my local team Southport (who are in the Blue Square Premier) and I was just wondering if you had any players you'd recommend me to sign to help me progress into League 2. So, who would you buy?

Messi, Ronaldo and Phil Neville.

(If you look in the good players section of the forum there will be a few better answers for you. Bit of advice, avoid old and expensive players that used to play at a high level. Much easier to get a solid and cheap squad topped off with loan signings from the Premier League/Championship, particularly strikers)

Hey guys, I'm about to start a season with my local team Southport (who are in the Blue Square Premier) and I was just wondering if you had any players you'd recommend me to sign to help me progress into League 2. So, who would you buy?

Chris Templeman from Forfar (i think, somewhere in Scotland) he is about 30 now but when I started in the Blue Square prem he bagged in 32 goals in his first season and I just missed out on promotion. Think I paid £14,000 for him.

Ismael Fofana. Signed him with Luton and he's still in my team in the Championship. Andy Drury was good in my BSP season as well, those two on each wing caused havoc for my opposition. Get Alex MacDonald on loan from Burnley if you can, he was quality too. If you can reach his wage demand, Fabien Brandy is a must buy as well. Got me 73 goals in his two seasons for me before I had to sell him in League 1 because his wage demands were too high. Got me a cool 300k though. Also try: Chris James, Dominic Knowles (loan), Oliver Norwood (loan) and Joseph Mills (loan).

Ismael Fofana. Signed him with Luton and he's still in my team in the Championship. Andy Drury was good in my BSP season as well, those two on each wing caused havoc for my opposition. Get Alex MacDonald on loan from Burnley if you can, he was quality too. If you can reach his wage demand, Fabien Brandy is a must buy as well. Got me 73 goals in his two seasons for me before I had to sell him in League 1 because his wage demands were too high. Got me a cool 300k though. Also try: Chris James, Dominic Knowles (loan), Oliver Norwood (loan) and Joseph Mills (loan).

Missed out on Fofana and Brandy :mad:

They look good as well.

Your scouts might find you some good players if you send them out

Christian Tiboni is still with me for AFC Wimbledon in the premiership. He got offered to me by his agent when he was playing for a club in panama and joined when i was still in blue square premier. scored 55 goals in 157 goals for me but has been a bit part player last two seasons though,

Ismael Forana is a good signing got him on my Fleetwood save good in League 2 but hasn't been doing it for me in league 1, Courbera I think his name is, a French Striker was/ is good for me still scoring goals in league 1, Louis Almond from Blackpool on a season loan is good too if you can get him, Ashley Eastham on loan too great centre back... There are 2 good centre back in the Burnley reserves who do well up till about league 1 although didn't manage to sign them on this save. There is an attacking midfielder who is french called Tomouta or something like that and his is good up to league 1

I just always buy players who scouts say would be good signings in the league above, or will become a good player in the league above. That way, it's just so much easier. Oh and a couple of players in their 30's who have exp in that league always helps.

Shame, the stretch from Liverpool to Blackpool is the best in England for golf. Southport has Royal Birkdale, Hillside, Formby, Southport & Ainsdale and Hesketh which are all top class.

I'll be playing at Hesketh for two days this coming August.

Best thing I always find is to make sure the first thing you do is request a parent club. Once the board come back with suggestions, look at the reserve and youth teams of all 3 clubs that you can choose from and any players on the transfer or loan list. Make sure you make your decision with this in mind as there's no point in just seeing a top championship club like Portsmouth and jumping at them over little Accrington Stanley then realising that Portsmouth have no decent players you can bring in or Accrington have a good defender you want or something!

Hope this helps!:)

Archived