Squad morale always drops even after winning 6-0??

What Tim said.

Check pre-game Asst manager feedback and see if any players have "trouble playing for a manager of your standing" . Also be careful with your team talks, especially post game. Lots of praising sounds good, but if your thrashing teams you really should be thrashing, then saying something like "delighted" or "sensational" may not be warranted. A bit of tough love works sometimes too. Although be careful of going too far. It's all a balancing act.

Morale plays a big big part in FM. With good morale I hardly lose a game but when its low you go on stupid losing streaks like in my game currently with Spurs. I was in for a chance of the treble now because of low morale I have lost 7 on the bounce which has ended all hopes of any trophies this season.

It's fun to enter such a thread because of all the stupid excuses fanboys post to justify the unjustifiable.

"You thrash your opponents but you have just an ok morale? Well there is an amazing explanation for this!"

Their imagination is without limits. Keep it up, please.

It's fun to enter such a thread because of all the stupid excuses fanboys post to justify the unjustifiable.

"You thrash your opponents but you have just an ok morale? Well there is an amazing explanation for this!"

Just go away!

If you don't like it, then leave it to those who do. Yes, even call us fanboys....... such a horrible thing to be. Your absolutely pathetic!

its even more amusing seeing folk struggle with the game and refuse to believe they are anything but perfect when it comes to football management and that it must be the fault of SI.

There will be a reason for this, you will just be too blinded to accept it.

its even more amusing seeing folk struggle with the game and refuse to believe they are anything but perfect when it comes to football management and that it must be the fault of SI.

There will be a reason for this, you will just be too blinded to accept it.

Fanboys don't recognize common sense. That's what you people do when something so obviosly wrong happens.

There is no team in the world who would just had an ok morale if it was thrasing opponents with 6 and 5 goals each game.

Offering alternative solutions to common sense is just pathetic posting. Some things should just be common sense with this game.

Don't try to overanalyze illogical things in order to make them logical. You are not helping anyone.

There is no team in the world who would just had an ok morale if it was thrasing opponents with 6 and 5 goals each game.

This is the problem with your post.

Your presumption that simply winning 6-0 makes players automatically overjoyed both in FM & in RL is quite simply wrong and further proves what a blinkered view you have. In RL many different factors affect our morale and whilst I don't expect them all to be in FM if it was as simple as winning = high morale, losing = poor morale then it would make the feature very boring.

You would also do well to lose the attitude, every post I've seen from you recently is either trolling or abusing other members.

Fanboys don't recognize common sense. That's what you people do when something so obviosly wrong happens.

Offering alternative solutions to common sense is just pathetic posting. Some things should just be common sense with this game.

Don't try to overanalyze illogical things in order to make them logical. You are not helping anyone.

haha you people!!

Anyway this is a pointless conversation, we obviously sit at different ends of the fence.

I guess you must be helping more so ill leave you too it.

This is the problem with your post.

Your presumption that simply winning 6-0 makes players automatically overjoyed both in FM & in RL is quite simply wrong and further proves what a blinkered view you have. In RL many different factors affect our morale and whilst I don't expect them all to be in FM if it was as simple as winning = high morale, losing = poor morale then it would make the feature very boring.

You would also do well to lose the attitude, every post I've seen from you recently is either trolling or abusing other members.

No, you are wrong. A team in RL that's winning with such high scores has also vert good/great morale, Barcelona being an example. Heck, even Real after losing to 5-0 from Barca weren't devesated and bounced back to high spirits next week. So it's not my view that's blinkered, but yours that is twisted. By generalizing you don't prove anything.

Sure, there might be some problems here and there, but in general any team who has such a great form has also a very good or great morale. It's simple and it's true and it's the common rule in football. It's not the absolute rule, it's a common sense rule and you can easily see it by reading players' and managers' reactions when their team is doing well.

I am sorry if you think I have been abusive, I didn't mean to. For me, people who try to justify illogical things in the game -all the time- are a form of abuse, too.

And for your information, and many people in here should do well to try and understand this, SI especially: real football is sometimes less complicated than FM.

I can't see why players would only be "OK" if they are thrashing teams left-right-and-centre. After all, it's not like Pep was a well-known manager when he first started, and his squad looked very happy after going on several large unbeaten streaks and big wins.

If anything:

- If there is nothing wrong with the results the team is getting, and there is nothing wrong in terms of things like squad discipline, does it really matter how experienced the manager is?

- On the other hand, if things are going wrong (on the field or off the field), then the players will rightfully wonder if the manager is good enough.

If it works, it works - does it matter how it works? Maybe to some, but if you are winning 5-0 and 6-0 all the time, there is nothing to worry about!

I can't see why players would only be "OK" if they are thrashing teams left-right-and-centre. After all, it's not like Pep was a well-known manager when he first started, and his squad looked very happy after going on several large unbeaten streaks and big wins.

If anything:

- If there is nothing wrong with the results the team is getting, and there is nothing wrong in terms of things like squad discipline, does it really matter how experienced the manager is?

- On the other hand, if things are going wrong (on the field or off the field), then the players will rightfully wonder if the manager is good enough.

If it works, it works - does it matter how it works? Maybe to some, but if you are winning 5-0 and 6-0 all the time, there is nothing to worry about!

very big difference with pep tho, he is a club legend, most of the team looked up to him long before he took over as manager and he had been involved managing the youth team for a few years before moving up to the main team.

very big difference with pep tho, he is a club legend, most of the team looked up to him long before he took over as manager and he had been involved managing the youth team for a few years before moving up to the main team.

That doesn't matter at all. If he was not producing results or had discipline problems then the players would wonder if he was the right man for the job.

Being a club legend should only account for players accepting him a little easier at the start, since he is an unproven manager. And maybe be a little more lenient to him at the start, if the team was not producing any results.

There is no way -it's common sense- that they should forgive him or have great morale if he was consistently not bringing in the wins, just because he is a club legend.

He's the only example I know of. I don't know about André Villas Boas and how his squad look in terms of happiness and confidence, you see.

Not that it matters. Low reputation and little managerial experience to speak off, but lots of wins => Very happy squad. His lack of reputation doesn't matter.

That doesn't matter at all. If he was not producing results or had discipline problems then the players would wonder if he was the right man for the job.

Being a club legend should only account for players accepting him a little easier at the start, since he is an unproven manager. And maybe be a little more lenient to him at the start, if the team was not producing any results.

There is no way -it's common sense- that they should forgive him or have great morale if he was consistently not bringing in the wins, just because he is a club legend.

i would imagine he had a very good relationship with most of the first team long before he took the job, plus he showed who was boss very early on getting rid of two of their biggest players due to problems with discipline, another thing to consider with pep is he had good success with the youth team, he had trained a few of those playing for the first team now before he was the first team coach, he was a club legend, local, done it all for the club, succesful club captain and pretty much mr Barcelona, you cannot put yourself into the game starting off with a reputation as pep so you cant really compare it.

Doesn't stop the key point that if a team is getting results, any minor issues such as the low reputation of the manager being an issue.

After all, how good a manager is isn't solely determined by how respected he is.

It's like complaining about winning the lottery because you have to drive to the company to claim your earnings!

exactly i think Pep and domenech are two very good examples of how reputation can affect teams in the opposite ends of the scale. Barca players clearly respected pep from day one as did the fans and it has worked brilliantly, domenech was hated by players and fans and they were shocking at the world cup.

Even if the French national squad had won the world cup they would have still hated playing for Raymond Domenech.

Sometimes no matter what the manager does, the team will have bad moral.

We're not talking about high-reputation managers making squads unhappy - we're talking about low-reputation managers making squads unhappy despite everything else going right.

Could you imagine your team at work revolutionising the company and getting constant praise? Do you walk into work one day and worry about the fact your boss is young? No! Everything is going right - the fact your boss is young makes it even more impressive, because he or she can only get better.

We're not talking about high-reputation managers making squads unhappy - we're talking about low-reputation managers making squads unhappy despite everything else going right.

I wasnt implying he was a low reputation manager - I was saying that a manager can make that difference no matter how well he does.

Heres a 'low' reputation manager who just didnt inspire confidence no matter what happened - Steve Mclaren at England. No one thought he should have gotten the job before hand, and no one respected him throughout his time in charge.

Fans are probably annoyed too. My whole favourite thing about FM, it's the end of the season you've won the league title 7 games early and are unbeaten all season, you send the kids out for a run out and you beat a low rep team in the league 3-0 and the fans moan that you didn't beat them by enough goals (because the rep difference is so big).

Realism ftw.

Fans are probably annoyed too. My whole favourite thing about FM, it's the end of the season you've won the league title 7 games early and are unbeaten all season, you send the kids out for a run out and you beat a low rep team in the league 3-0 and the fans moan that you didn't beat them by enough goals (because the rep difference is so big).

Realism ftw.

Well, what you should actually complain about is why you didnt get fined for breaking the league rules about using the best team possible at all times.

I wasnt implying he was a low reputation manager - I was saying that a manager can make that difference no matter how well he does.

Heres a 'low' reputation manager who just didnt inspire confidence no matter what happened - Steve Mclaren at England. No one thought he should have gotten the job before hand, and no one respected him throughout his time in charge.

Well yeah, but England weren't beating teams 5-0, 5-0 and 5-0 all the time!

A player should be concerned that a low-reputation or inexperienced manager may not be able to know how to win trophies - i.e. he won't be able to manage the squad to perform well. But if the squad is winning 5-0 all the time, it is clearly performing well - so the player should not be concerned!

Well yeah, but England weren't beating teams 5-0, 5-0 and 5-0 all the time!

A player should be concerned that a low-reputation or inexperienced manager may not be able to know how to win trophies - i.e. he won't be able to manage the squad to perform well. But if the squad is winning 5-0 all the time, it is clearly performing well - so the player should not be concerned!

Lets just wind this back and look at the OP:

Hey, I've just started a new game with Barcelona and I've noticed that the majority of my squads morale is "Okay" or lower. Even though atm I'm unbeaten and have thrashed every team I've came up against. Is this normal for Barca? Any suggestions on ways to improve it?

Hes 'just started', he hasnt won anything yet other than a few good results against much lesser opposition.

If Steve Mclaren and beaten lichenstien, luxembourg, andora and the faroe islands 5-0 they wouldnt have thought anymore of him either.

Hes 'just started', he hasnt won anything yet other than a few good results against much lesser opposition.

If Steve Mclaren and beaten lichenstien, luxembourg, andora and the faroe islands 5-0 they wouldnt have thought anymore of him either.

If I "start" a new game, I don't necessarily mean I've only played a few matches. I could "start" a new game and finish the whole season!

And the OP did not say anything about the quality of the opposition.

And the difference between England and the lesser nations in Europe are miles greater than Barcelona and the worst side in La Liga. Most of those nations may not even have semi-professional leagues!

If a manager managed to consistently beat the lower sides 5-0 or 6-0 in La Liga with Barcelona, I don't see why the players wouldn't be very happy with themselves - regardless of how well-regarded the manager is.

The game is trying to model an unrealistic event. If man u sacked fergi out of the blue and replaced him with anyone accept a world class manager then the players and fans would require him to be perfect. They would need to win everything for the players to have even some respect for him.

The game is trying to model an unrealistic event. If man u sacked fergi out of the blue and replaced him with anyone accept a world class manager then the players and fans would require him to be perfect. They would need to win everything for the players to have even some respect for him.

We're talking about morale, not respect here.

The OP is complaining that the majority of the squad only have "Okay" morale despite thrashing several teams in La Liga.

Could you imagine the Barcelona training camp in real-life if the OP's situation were replicated? Fresh off a 6-0 thrashing of Zaragoza, the whole squad is more miserable than it starts off in-game. Beating Levante 5-0, with Pedro bagging 4, and he turns up in training with a neutral expression. The squad look impassive and neutral.

Bollocks! The players would clearly be happier - certainly not just "Okay". Look at how Barcelona celebrate big victories - lots of pats on the back and jumping on each other, and lots of laughter. Yet because the manager is of low reputation, they turn up in training looking rather impassive.

To me, this is blatantly unrealistic - because the main concern of a low-reputation manager not being able to get the required results has been somewhat silenced by convincing results.

Yes, the manager won't win the team over with a few games, certainly not of Barcelona's stature. But I don't see Barcelona's players looking only "Okay" after thrashing several teams and doing quite frankly nothing wrong at all.

Having no respect for your manager = low moral. Imagine it in a normal workplace. Some nobody gets the management job, no one knows him, you think he's a bit of a prat. Doesn't matter how well you do at first, you still won't be happy with him. Give it time and it will sort itself out, same as the game, give it time, the players will gain respect and their moral will pick up. Like all the other complaints about this game it's people being impatient that's the issue.

Having no respect for your manager = low moral. Imagine it in a normal workplace. Some nobody gets the management job, no one knows him, you think he's a bit of a prat. Doesn't matter how well you do at first, you still won't be happy with him. Give it time and it will sort itself out, same as the game, give it time, the players will gain respect and their moral will pick up. Like all the other complaints about this game it's people being impatient that's the issue.

Er, no. You can be unhappy yet respect someone (i.e. you get robbed), or happy yet disrespect someone (i.e. you win the lottery yet disrespect your boss).

Morale and respect are two entirely different things.

The workplace equivalent is a young or unfamiliar boss, yet he is getting you and your team lots of good results. Any fears he wouldn't be able to lead you properly would quickly be dismissed with consistent, good results.

Archived