Wages

Anybody else having people ask for stupid wages?

Trying to sign a player who has asked to be back up yet is still asking for 99k a week, 5million signing on fee with an agent fee of 3.2m, and an appearance fee of 33k, he isn't even that good (the more I look at it the more I see how completely ridiculous this is). Surely there is something wrong if a player wants to be back up yet asks for this much wages. My scout reports said he would want between 30 and 40k a week and he is extremely interested in joining us so it's not a case of him not being so keen.

For the record, I'm Birmingham in my 3rd season so we aren't a huge club so it's a bit daft asking for these wages when he quite clearly wants to join us.

Could it be a problem with agents? I'm guessing it is. Another new feature that doesn't work properly?

i had benzema wanting 155k-255k even though i had him put down as a rotation player, some of the wages players want are unreasonable and unrealistic

This player was a 24 year old Lee Cattermole. Ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you not negotiate it down?

There are features, use them :)

And the crown for stating the obvious goes to...bigdanio! Congratulations, you win first prize! ;)

Seriously, no help at all with silly comments like that when there is a genuine problem. It's bordering on trolling.

Yes unreasonable wage demands are a problem. I'm saying every negotiation should be plain sailing, but it is a problem when Phil Jones will not budge on 140k p/wk and agent fee of £5mill. It's very difficult to sign players if you want to have a respectable wage limit. Negotiating down does not help in most cases because agents are A******holes

And the crown for stating the obvious goes to...bigdanio! Congratulations, you win first prize! ;)

Seriously, no help at all with silly comments like that when there is a genuine problem. It's bordering on trolling.

It's not trolling, it's the best advice. Most if not all agents will try to get more for them and their players than their services are worth. You can either negotiate, or you can cancel the deal - your decision. In FM, you won't get everything you want. If you and the agent (or the player) cannot reach a deal, than that's the way it is, you need to consider alternative options.

It's not trolling, it's the best advice. Most if not all agents will try to get more for them and their players than their services are worth. You can either negotiate, or you can cancel the deal - your decision. In FM, you won't get everything you want. If you and the agent (or the player) cannot reach a deal, than that's the way it is, you need to consider alternative options.

I think you've completely missed the point. Something is broken when an average player wants astronomical wages to join a much better club than he is already at, when in reality the player would jump at the chance for half the wages. I didn't ask how, or if I could get the wages down, did I? I asked if other people were having problems with high wages. This is the point.

Do you not think people have tried negotiating, or are you also assuming, like bigdanio, that people who have had this problem have an IQ of around 20 and couldn't figure this out for themselves? It's Pretty insulting to peoples intelligence to assume this, whilst not really helping, or having anything to do with the OP.

Have a look at his agent, he might be the one who is bumping up the prices. With a bit of luck they will just be the starting values and you may be able to knock him down to the £30-40k that was expected.

What a frustrating thread.

I have negotiated, isn't that the first thing anybody does? Of course I've tried getting him down to the 30-40k but the valuation is so off (down to around 100k) that there must be some sort of problem with the game. I don't need any help in negotiating, thanks. I know how to do that part (rolls eyes. How do you do that btw?)

As I stated in the op, is there a problem with agents? Do they need toning down? Seems like a problem to me.

I've often found that some agents can be a bit over the top in their initial requests, I imagine that will be the case here. What are his agent's attributes?

I'll load it up and have a look.

Where can I see his agent?

I've often found that some agents can be a bit over the top in their initial requests, I imagine that will be the case here. What are his agent's attributes?

Actually does Agent's attributes influence the wage demands? I thought the 3 attributes are 1) Willingness to tout players around, 2) Patience and 3) Amount of Agent Fee demanded.

What a frustrating thread.

I have negotiated, isn't that the first thing anybody does? Of course I've tried getting him down to the 30-40k but the valuation is so off (down to around 100k) that there must be some sort of problem with the game. I don't need any help in negotiating, thanks. I know how to do that part (rolls eyes. How do you do that btw?)

As I stated in the op, is there a problem with agents? Do they need toning down? Seems like a problem to me.

Yes, agents can be a bit over the top. Frustration over? :rolleyes:

Ive found this when ive gone to sign a 16yo re gen and there asking for 200k a week..... instantly bumped him off, just cause i have the money to pay wages like that to top stars, doesnt mea im going to pay them to everyone....Specially someone who has just earned a pro contract months earlier....Wages are ridiculous!

Frustration over? :rolleyes:

Getting there. Maybe if you would tell me how to do the eye roll it would ease the frustration some more ;)

How can I see a players agent apart from when negotiating?

Edit - Never mind, found it.

Agent fee demands are 18.

Patience is 8.

Touting is 11.

And he doesn't like me, I'm guessing because I wouldn't give his player 100k a week. Bit harsh isn't it? Seems like a bit of a problem with agents, like they have a bit to much power or something. Surely the player would tell him to stop being a complete idiot rather than have the agent ruin him furthering his career because of ridiculously unrealistic wage demands?

Actually does Agent's attributes influence the wage demands? I thought the 3 attributes are 1) Willingness to tout players around, 2) Patience and 3) Amount of Agent Fee demanded.

The attributes suggest that but I've always thought that they tried to get bigger fees/wages all round.

Getting there. Maybe if you would tell me how to do the eye roll it would ease the frustration some more ;)

At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post things like smilies and links.

So you're saying that players having agents = them asking for more? That sounds like not very fun game-play...

Definitely, that is exactly what the agents are for. When you manage in the lower leagues you really notice it, the players without agents are far cheaper than those with agents.

I think you've completely missed the point. Something is broken when an average player wants astronomical wages to join a much better club than he is already at, when in reality the player would jump at the chance for half the wages. I didn't ask how, or if I could get the wages down, did I? I asked if other people were having problems with high wages. This is the point.

disagree with this. players look for more not less. why would a player join a bigger club and accept less money? how often do you see this happen in real life?

as for the initial problem. is the scout report (with recommemded wages) up to date or is it an old report, as wage demands may have changed. is your scout reliable? have you tried using more than one scout to get a more detailed report?

agents can be hard work at times. offering the agent more money usually ensures the player will accept less

Definitely, that is exactly what the agents are for. When you manage in the lower leagues you really notice it, the players without agents are far cheaper than those with agents.

I guess it's about toning down the agent's expectations then, since there's nothing we can do to ask the player to get rid of his agent so that the demands become more realistic.

Archived