I have made a terrible error!!! please help me!!!

Hi everyone,

I made a terrible error.

I signed a new contract with my beloved Manchester City, year 2016.

The contract was due to expire the following year. I marked that option in order for them to offer me a better contract as soon as this one ends.

But! I did'nt remmember that this year is in it's last month. A few days went by, and the contract expired!!!

Now I'm no longer the manager (and this is a year where we took a hystoric trebble!). I applyed for the job immediatly and was rejected! I went back to a former saved game, where my contract was yet to expire, went to talk with the boardroom but couldn't ask for a contract renewel, due to the fact that I have just signed one!

please help me get back as the manager of the team I built in my own two arms and with great love and affort!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!

Thank you very much,

Amit.

Remember that you can retire your current manager profile and create a new one in order to get around this. It's far from ideal, but at least you'd be able continue managing the team. Sorry for not being able to offer any more help than that.

the only way i can think of is to use fmrte and change your contract date on that

Yes, that's the simple painless solution. Go back to your last save before the contract expired, fire up FMRTE and just change the expiry date to what you think it would be if you'd not forgotten. You can always uninstall FMRTE after if you're against that kind of thing.

FMRTE is a real-time editor by the way. you can get it off the thread in the Editors forum.

well, i downloaded the editor, installed the patch for the game, opened the game and loaded the saved game. i changed the expiry date to a year later.

i saved the changes and it said that the changes were saved. i closed everything and opened the game again, BUT NOTHING CHANGED!

i still have a contract due to expire in a couple of days... and it really does expire then, i went forward to see if it just says it or it really is like that, and it really is like that! the contract did expire a few days later.

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Not a bug, moved to GD.

Is it not a bug??

Since when on FM has that happened?? Or in reality?? Pretty sure any club (even Man City) might approach the guy in situ to talk about a Contract extension after winning the treble??

Dumb down of AI over fluffy new features at worst, bad admin on part of manager at best?? And it being a game after all.

well, i downloaded the editor, installed the patch for the game, opened the game and loaded the saved game. i changed the expiry date to a year later.

i saved the changes and it said that the changes were saved. i closed everything and opened the game again, BUT NOTHING CHANGED!

i still have a contract due to expire in a couple of days... and it really does expire then, i went forward to see if it just says it or it really is like that, and it really is like that! the contract did expire a few days later.

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Did you have it on the contract screen all the time? You have to change screens or continue for one day for the edits to happen.

NO, I DID'NT HAVE THE CONRACT SCREEN OPEN IN THE GAME ITSELF!

do i need to click on my name in the game, which leads me to a screen with all the information about me, including when my contract expires?

is this the screen where im supposed to be while im changing the contract expiry date in FMRTE?

do i need to click on my name in the game, which leads me to a screen with all the information about me, including when my contract expires?

is this the screen where im supposed to be while im changing the contract expiry date in FMRTE?

Search for your managers name in fmrte, then in the bit below your name in the tabs, click contract, then extend it to however long you wanted it.

You only need your save game loaded, you don't need to be on a specific page in the game

You do not need it on a certain page. Load your game in FMRTE then search for your manager name click the contract tab and then change it to what ever date you want it to expire on. Click save changes and then open FM again you will need to continue one day or change screens for the edits to happen.

i did everything you said!

i opened the saved game.

i opened the FMRTE.

i loaded the saved game in the FMRTE.

i went to "favorites"-->"Amit Mish'an (my manager name)"-->"contract"-->and i changed the expiry date, from 2016 to 1017--> "save changes".

i closed everything and opened it again, and nothing was changed!!!!!

please please please help me!!!

Archived