The easiest job on Earth?

I've just finished my second season with Lyon (patch 11.1.1) and I have to say that this game never was so easy. I'm not tactical genius, but in the past versions of the game I had some succeses after some time. This year I created home tactic and similiar away tactic (with counter attack) and started to play. I was a bit shocked that in the end of the first season I got 99 points, I won Coupe de Ligue and Champions League (in first transfer window I bought only Kryvstsov and Kadlec). I would like to add that I never did any changes in the tactics that I created at the beginnig of the game. First I thought I was lucky and that's why I won all of these trophies. Then I started my second season (with the same tactics) and in the end of second season I got 95 points, won Coupe de Ligue and Champions League (again!). What is more I couple of times won 6-0 with such teams as Roma, Benfica, PSG. After this deja vu, for the first time in my life I don't feel like playing third season at all...

You mention the second season, but how did you do in the first?

Lyon are a cracking team anyway, and strolling Ligue 1, winning the league cup are not so otherworldly.

I mentioned first and second season. There were almost the same. In first 99 points, won Coupe de ligue and Champions League. In the second 95 points, won the Coupe de ligue and Champions League (again).

It must be something with the game. I lost the joy of playing FM 2011.

I've just finished my second season with Lyon (patch 11.1.1) and I have to say that this game never was so easy. I'm not tactical genius, but in the past versions of the game I had some succeses after some time. This year I created home tactic and similiar away tactic (with counter attack) and started to play. I was a bit shocked that in the end of the first season I got 99 points, I won Coupe de Ligue and Champions League (in first transfer window I bought only Kryvstsov and Kadlec). I would like to add that I never did any changes in the tactics that I created at the beginnig of the game. First I thought I was lucky and that's why I won all of these trophies. Then I started my second season (with the same tactics) and in the end of second season I got 95 points, won Coupe de Ligue and Champions League (again!). What is more I couple of times won 6-0 with such teams as Roma, Benfica, PSG. After this deja vu, for the first time in my life I don't feel like playing third season at all...

I think you are baby on Earth :D

The only thing that is slightly unrealistic (and even then not completely) is winning the CL, dominating in domestic competition in France is easy with the squad Lyon start with. CL, once you are through the group stages, like any KO comp can rely on just being lucky.

I agree with the OP. I'm playing with Sparta at the moment. At the beginning of my first season in the First Division I struggled a bit, but I went unbeaten in the last 20 games winning promotion to the Eredivisie. The media prediction for this season was I would struggle against relegation and finish 16th in the Eredivisie. However, with a very average squad at best i'm currently in 1st place in the Eredivisie halfway through the season without losing a single game. This years version of FM is definitely on the easy side once you get your tactics right.

i only think that your finding this game so easy because your a big team in a small pond its like someone coming on here an complaining because there winning the spl every year with celtic or rangers an then doing well in europe your bound to do well because your getting more domestic prize money so youve got more chance of winning euro competitons. i agree with edgar its not unrealistic for lyon to win the champions league as after the group stages (which i think everyone will agree its sorted for the big teams to get through) its just a knockout competition so anybody could win it.

Millions of people play this game... it's not unlikely that some would have great success.

For every person thats winning I bet there is a large number that are struggling with the same squad. Saying that, with any top team it isn't hard to dominate the game. I guess if it's so easy for you with Lyon you should just try a lower league team?

I am playing in the French league (with Cleremont Foot 64) and would agree if anyone wants a domestic non-challenge then take on Olympique Lyon. :)

They build a 60 000 all seater stadium in the 2nd/3rd season and just keep disappearing over the horizon.

But I'm catching them year by year. Slowly!!

Chuz: as You wish to bore yourself to death, then please :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/434879002/Lyon_Tactics.rar

"Lyon Home" is fluid, attacking tactic which You can use against weak and medium teams playing at home.

"Lyon away" tactics is fast, counter attack tactic which You can use playing away from home (or against very good teams playing at home).

I suppose these tactics fit probably for all good teams in the game, but please write me if You had success with them and with what team :)

I play Arka Gdynia, real outsider in Polish ekstraklasa.

I win almost every game. I have 8 new players - suprisingly team don't need any time to gel.

This game is so easy! It's hard to be motivated. I'm not 10 years old to have fan of permanent winnig!

Please do something!

Nigel de Jong (now Man City) have been transfered to Zaglebie Lubin (another polish ekstraklasa outsider) during the season 2013/2013. I predict it's because of the dynamic reputation, but I can't imagine players of this sort in Polish ekstraklasa even in 5 or 7 years!

Please do something!

FM always was a complicated game, now it's a piece of cake. I play 11.1 version.

Archived