Delap's long throws

IRL he can throw the ball to the far post at head height, either flat and fast or looping. but in the game he throws them too low, around waist (sp?) height to the near post. so SI can you improve them in a patch?

looping throw:

A lack of relevant animations on the 3D overlay maybe? The match engine is probably saying long throw as described but the Graphics Interface cannot display it fully, so chooses the best match. IMO not a bug.

i don't get what you mean, what is a 3d overlay?

i don't get what you mean, what is a 3d overlay?

What you look at when you watch the game in 3D. The ME calculates the game and then converts it into the 3D view shown during playthrough.

@Rhodesy, they're not terribly effective in real life either. The season Stoke got promoted they only scored from Delaps throws up to the middle of October. Like the long-ball they are only effective as an extremely rarely used suprise tactic, as all you need is a strong tall defender to attack the thrown ball, and a quick one to get the rebound.

My main bug bare with this feature is that Delap can throw much further than, say, Halford, even though they throw a similar distance, because Delap has a flat throw and Halford throws it up in the air like a javelin.

What you look at when you watch the game in 3D. The ME calculates the game and then converts it into the 3D view shown during playthrough.

@Rhodesy, they're not terribly effective in real life either. The season Stoke got promoted they only scored from Delaps throws up to the middle of October. Like the long-ball they are only effective as an extremely rarely used suprise tactic, as all you need is a strong tall defender to attack the thrown ball, and a quick one to get the rebound.

As a Stoke fan, I strongly disagree.

I'd say his throw ins are extremly effective! when i played Stoke i drew 2-2 and both their goals came from long throws. It was almost unplayable and when they started getting throw ins towards the end of the game i was getting extremely worried about defending them!

A lack of relevant animations on the 3D overlay maybe? The match engine is probably saying long throw as described but the Graphics Interface cannot display it fully, so chooses the best match. IMO not a bug.

I suspect that we may disagree here, but to me that makes it a bug...

If the match engine is generating an event, but the 3d is unable to replicate it and therefore displays something that isn't actually happening, then its a bug.

I'd say his throw ins are extremly effective! when i played Stoke i drew 2-2 and both their goals came from long throws. It was almost unplayable and when they started getting throw ins towards the end of the game i was getting extremely worried about defending them!

could you upload the highlights to youtube so i can see how the ai gets them to work.

I found the same problem at first, butthey've started to work for me now.

Remember:

the throws probably won't work away from home, as the pitch is likely to be bigger

Make sure that your home pitch is the smallest it can be

to pack teh area full of big players

set throw-ins to long in the set piece creator

Hope this helps

Archived