Do fierce and other rivals change?

I'm currently in 2021/22 season with Arsenal and have had a major rivalry with Man Utd over the last 10 years but still we're only an other rival on man utds infomation page. Was just wondering if this ever changes or does it always stay the same as when you start your career?

I'd like to have this feature too, but still wonder if it'd be added soon.

How can you tell if the rivalry will last forever or will come to an end in some day? Of course local derby is likely to last forever, but what about a rivalry originates from champion race?

On a wider view, will a rivalry based on politics or racial issues ever changed?

So for me it's unlikely SI unlikely we'll see dynamic rivalries in a foreseeable future, perhaps we'll never had it at all :(

So for me it's unlikely SI unlikely we'll see dynamic rivalries in a foreseeable future, perhaps we'll never had it at all :(

I'm not so sure. We've had training facilities degrade over time and now we've got dynamic league reputation, maybe SI are moving towards long term games seeing bigger changes?

No change at all!

Alfreton are a leading Premier League side in my game (nothing to do with me...)

Yet their rivals are still listed as Hucknall, Ilkeston, Matlock and Belper.

Ho-hum.

Needs to be addressed.

Though Leeds Utd. is nowhere near the premier league, the rivalries between them and Man.Utd. seems never gone. Both still hate one another to this day, right?

Though Leeds Utd. is nowhere near the premier league, the rivalries between them and Man.Utd. seems never gone. Both still hate one another to this day, right?

Very true!!

But I was focusing on the fact that teams do not gain additional rivals.

Like I say, Alfreton have risen though the divisions in my game over the last 40 years - and you would think they'd develop at least one "other rival" if not a fierce one.

Very true!!

But I was focusing on the fact that teams do not gain additional rivals.

Like I say, Alfreton have risen though the divisions in my game over the last 40 years - and you would think they'd develop at least one "other rival" if not a fierce one.

Points taken. It's essential to see rivalries based on title race emerges in a long-run save. And to see these kind of rivalries fade away for the same reason. I don't think Arsenal and Man.Utd. can be considered rivals back in the '80s, it's title race, plus managers mind-game/badmouthing that made them rivals.

But for rivalries based on other reasons I'm pretty sure SI don't wanna touch them. it's too complicate.

I'm not so sure. We've had training facilities degrade over time and now we've got dynamic league reputation, maybe SI are moving towards long term games seeing bigger changes?

Agree. Dynamic league reputation is the feature that has renewed hope that we may see dynamic rivalry in the near future. Before this was announced, most people had impressions that DLR will take like forever.

Points taken. It's essential to see rivalries based on title race emerges in a long-run save. And to see these kind of rivalries fade away for the same reason. I don't think Arsenal and Man.Utd. can be considered rivals back in the '80s, it's title race, plus managers mind-game/badmouthing that made them rivals.

But for rivalries based on other reasons I'm pretty sure SI don't wanna touch them. it's too complicate.

well regarding arsenal and man utd, they did start to get quite bad tempered late 80's and very early 90's. incidents between rocastle & whiteside, fight at old trafford in 1990 with mcclair and winterburn and limpar involved - so our rivalry has had over 20 years of heated exchanges and confrontation - so i think we have a long term rivalry, even if we drifted out of direct competition for a few years

Archived