I hate this game

Im sat here swearing screaming and willing to throw my laptop out the window, yet im still playing it... :(

And im sorry that this isnt a proper topic, but i just had to tell someone... anyone! Jeeez its a friday night and im having a nervous breakdown after conceeding a 97th minute goal at home to blackburn :( :(

Yeah, Arsenal away... :(

Yeah Im just angry. Im sure (I hope) we've all been there. Its just I need somewhere to rant when this happens and I know coming on here to do this is more sensible than ranting to my gf on the topic of FM... :p

I used to promise my in-game players prostitutes and drugs if they won the match. It usually worked... Or it could have been something to do with the tactics I downloaded off the net. Either way, I used to get far too into the game. I don't anymore though. Been playing football management games far too long now to get angry when I lose matches.

Quite realistic actually. No one will win forever. And sometimes, having more possession and/or many more shots than your opponent, only to tie or even lose a game is frustrating. But I do love this game. 1 or 2 loss can actually help you sometimes. Once, after conceding a late goal to tie a game I should have won, I ended up devising a good time wasting strategy that can really delay time, and even able counter attack at fast pace with my fast wingers. If I didn't tie that game, I would not have thought of such a good strategy. I sacrificed 2 points, but I may have saved lots of points later on :)

But ironically, poking at your emotions is what the game does to keep you around. Really is a love-hate thing sometimes. Such is life :p

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the second-most important element of competing for league trophies besides tactics is keeping the team on an even keel, and avoiding the temptation to chew out your team every time they lose or have a bad draw. That wasn't easy for me in the beginning with Mancini gloating every time he beat my Chelsea team.

Archived