I have a dilemma...

What should i do?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should i do?

• Splash the cash and live the high life
    • Keep going but only use what cash i think is appropriate
    • Go to another tema and start over
    • Make up your own mind fool.

As the title says I am in a bit of a dilemma in my current FM10 save.

The story so far is that I have taken the team I am managing, Wishaw season 208/2019 (using my own updated version of the Scottish leagues), from division 3 right up to the SPL. I have taken them to a champions league final, lost 2-0 to Genoa, and also won the league with them once and generally finish runner up and won both cups numerous times. I am currently having a great time and would rate this my best FM game in a long time.

My dilemma is that a tycoon is about to take over the club and make around 80 million pound available for players. I am not sure if I should continue on as I feel this might take the fun out of the save.

So what does everyone think?

P.S I also realise the takeover might collapse and solve my problem for me.

Same as what I voted, just keep the cash, spend only what you'd spend normally & try & keep it that like that, that way, no fun is lost really.

Yeah i am leaning towards that as wel. the problem is that i will also have a bigger wage bill presumably so i would have to limit that as well.

One other thing i wanted to ask as well was does anyone know if getting taken over by a tycoon givesyou a reputation boost? Thats another thing that would affect my game as currently i have to scour the youth teams of lots of club to pick up players before they move to a bigger club than mine. It is a long, long process but something that i enjoy, especially when one of the players i buy and nurtures turns out to be great.

this is one of those questions that only the OP can answer. Its your save, would you enjoy carrying on and spending the money or would you enjoy walking away and saying i did all that the hard way.

Either way it wonr ruin your save, memories will always be there my friend!

Yeah i know it realy is up to me and me alone. i just thought i would post it up and see if other people have had a similar situation and what they decided to do to guide me a bit.

Yeah i am leaning towards that as wel. the problem is that i will also have a bigger wage bill presumably so i would have to limit that as well.

Use the option to move some, if not all, of the increase in wage budget to transfers. That should make it easier to manage the wage budget to something similar to what you are on and you'll already be keeing an eye on your transfer spending.

So one less thing to micromanage.

The tycoon wouldn't pay you money forever. One day he'll retreat his financial support. For the time being you could just use it.

Chances are that financially you still won't be able to compete with the big fish anyway, so any success you may have on an international level could still be rewarding while even on the national level you still have some titles to be won before things become boring.

Splash the cash out and go for consecutive league, cups and europe wins. There's nothing better than a clean sweap year after year including europe and worlc cup club etc. Then when you get bored of that your rep should be high enough to get the a good national job to complete your CVs competitions won.

On my St Mirren save I'm just raking in the cash since I got a new stadium. I about break even with my total income (I win a lot of competitions though) but I sell far more than I buy so I always go up in terms of money. I play exactly the same as before I got the stadium really, only difference is money goes up instead of break even. I don't think you have to change how you play, and besides, you'll get rep boosts for winning eventually anyway, so it makes no real difference if you get one earlier.

So I say, just do as you are, doesn't change anything.

Well the transfer went through and i am now owned by a tycoon. On a bright note he didnt actually make any more money available for treansfers than what the previous board had. He did pump 90 million pound into the clubs bank balance and upgrade training facilities. It also appears a tycoon takeover gives you a rep boost as well, as a lot of top players that previously weren't interested are suddenly interested in Wishaw.

I guess i will wait till next season to see what kind of budget he makes available and decide then. I have a feeling though that it will be hard to resist all that cash (preuming he makes it available)

Thanks for all the replies guys

Archived