Can't Arrange Friendlies - England

For some bizarre reason on my game England can't arrange friendlies. I've just taken over (now in 2018) and had a look but for some reason, all the international dates just say "Date Unavailable". I noticed this before when I was managing Uruguay - England never play friendlies. They only have them in June prior to the World Cup. I thought it was just the manager or something, but I've now taken over England and I've found out that the game won't let me arrange friendlies.

This is quite annoying for various reasons:

- Players get less caps/goals, losing out on about five or six games a year.

- Can't try out new formations/players

- Fringe players don't get a chance to impress or earn some caps

- I miss out on about half the matchdays per year

First of all, has anyone else had or seen a similar problem, and am I missing something? Would be quite a blow if I can't have friendlies.

I didn't think you could ever arrange International friendlys. I thought the FA always organizes friendlies?

You can go to Fixtures and Arrange Friendly. You get given a list of international dates and can propose friendlies with other countries. But with England all of the friendly dates are greyed out and say "Date Unavailable", and I'm not at all sure why.

Is any country playing friendlies? Check other European countries fixture list to see when they are playing.

Maybe it's because all the other nations have already organised a friendly for the dates that you want. How far in advance can you organise games?

i had the exact same thing and i posted it in the bugs forum, uploaded a save game and nothing happened. Its been on 2 conscutive saves now, so i presume its something to do with the superbladesman update, maybe to do with the fact i have it down to level 10 but only use up to level 8 (i heard thats a bad idea)

it sucks and just hope England NEVER get to host a major competition. 2 years, no international matches...

i had the exact same thing and i posted it in the bugs forum, uploaded a save game and nothing happened. Its been on 2 conscutive saves now, so i presume its something to do with the superbladesman update, maybe to do with the fact i have it down to level 10 but only use up to level 8 (i heard thats a bad idea)

it sucks and just hope England NEVER get to host a major competition. 2 years, no international matches...

Oh, that could be it. I'm just SB's database too, although I'm using down to Lv 10.

And England host the WC in 2022. Oh dear, I chose the wrong time to take over England.

Try arranging them a year in advance or so. Or get friendlies like I do as Ghana, I recently tonked Brunei 8-2. Using my awesome 1-1-2-6 formation =)

Just play countries that never get friendlies, like Zanzibar.

Not possible. When arranging friendlies I can only go as far as 2019, and all international dates say "Date Unavailable". I can't propose a friendly, full stop.

I can get a screenie up if that would help?

Does anyone else with Super_Bladesman's 10 tier update have this problem, or have noticed that England don't have friendlies in their game?

• 3 years later...
this is the same for me on Football Manager 2014, my ass man can arrange friendlies, but not me, it's important for me to do it as i need to improve San Marino's ranking

Do you have Wednesday-Saturday games ticked? If so this will stop you from arranging international friendlies as they are always played Tuesday-Friday.

It might just be the dates clash with competitions and such, or you're trying to arrange them too soon.

I didn't think you could ever arrange International friendlys. I thought the FA always organizes friendlies?

Geez, where have you been the past decade??

is there a way you can check if you have this ticked? i play league games on a wednesday and saturday in Italy Serie B dunno if that's different to the usual, my san marino friendlies that are arranged by my assistant do get played on fridays on tuesdays

Archived