2057 - Crappy staff...

Hey.

I've been playing with AFC Wimbledon from 2009-2057, and i am still playing. But i have a problem, i can't find any good Physio and Scout's. I've been looking over every big team and i can't find a scout/physio that has a reputation better than national, it's worse witht he physios where i barely can find one with national reputation. There are plenty of good coaches, manager osv. But no scouts/physios with a good reputation.

It has been like this for many years. Doe's anybody else with long savegames have it the same way? Is this a bug?

Thanks for answers.

exactly as afced says, my best physio is 'obscure' and i have 5 other world class physio's. Rep means nothing apart from other teams will be trying to poach them off you!

If anything the reps are way to high for all of them. In my current save there are 26 physios with a worldwide reputation. Now, i ask you, without the use of google, how many physio's can you name me off the top of your head at different clubs around the world? I am positive there will be less than 26.

Just trying to emphasise my opinion of reps are not a good indicator

Yeah low reputation isn't an issue really. The stats are far more important. As everyone has already said most football fans would be able to name their own clubs physios let alone those of other clubs. The 'reputation' really refers to how well they are known by the fans

Tbh its a bit of a broken thing in the game, since the AI signs people usually mostly on the basis of rep. This is sort of ok for players, where the reputation increases with good performances, but for staff the reputation seems often unrelated to the key abilities.

Rep moves up fast for coaches you sign but scouts rep seems to never increase. I'm not even sure if scouts rep can increase.

I think rep really only increases for coaches/managers for human and AI.

Having said that, if they coach/physio/scout can do a job then I don't care about rep.

Could you mention, off the top of your head, three scouts in real-life who are world class? I can't and most people would consider me a know-it-all regarding these minutiae of football. Just because he's good, doesn't mean he should necessarily be world famous. Actually, off the top of your head, could you mention three scouts at any club in the world? Scouts are generally people in the background and not really famous as such imo...

Tbh its a bit of a broken thing in the game, since the AI signs people usually mostly on the basis of rep. This is sort of ok for players, where the reputation increases with good performances, but for staff the reputation seems often unrelated to the key abilities.

This :thup:

I am wondering if staff reputation is not directly related to the club reputation. And as has been said, except for scouts for whom it never moves (maybe because they work in the secret :))

Could you mention, off the top of your head, three scouts in real-life who are world class? I can't and most people would consider me a know-it-all regarding these minutiae of football. Just because he's good, doesn't mean he should necessarily be world famous. Actually, off the top of your head, could you mention three scouts at any club in the world? Scouts are generally people in the background and not really famous as such imo...

I could... but only because of playing fm lol.

Archived