Yearly regen youth intake - what factors?

Obviously your chances of getting a good regen will be higher if your academy is 'state of the art' rather than 'excellent' or 'good', but my question is how much of a role (if any) do scouts and coaches (especially youth coaches) play in the regen recruitment system every season? I originally thought it was all down to pot luck and the state of the facilities, but I discovered that if you click on one of your coaches, then click the 'personal' tab, there is a bar on the right hand side called recruitment. So if you recruit coaches for your team who only have the highest recruitment bars, will this maximise your chances of getting good regens coming through the academy? Maybe this is a silly question but I haven't noticed this before?

Also, can the recruitment bar increase as time goes on?

im also very interested in this. Im sure nationality of the coachs/manager might have an effect. A few years in and manchester united have a spanish manager and half the staff are spanish and they have a couple of spanish lads come through the ranks...

im also very interested in this. Im sure nationality of the coachs/manager might have an effect. A few years in and manchester united have a spanish manager and half the staff are spanish and they have a couple of spanish lads come through the ranks...

You can get some foreign youths based on your clubs scouting knowledge. The nationality and country knowledge of all your staff adds to scouting knowledge as well as your nationality, your players nationality and any foreign affiliated clubs.

Your coaches however don't effect the qualtiy of regens you will get.

You can get some foreign youths based on your clubs scouting knowledge. The nationality and country knowledge of all your staff adds to scouting knowledge as well as your nationality, your players nationality and any foreign affiliated clubs.

Your coaches however don't effect the qualtiy of regens you will get.

Ahhh i see, so its not the foreign staff making more foreign youth copme but its the knowledge the staff bring with them that cause it

Ahhh i see, so its not the foreign staff making more foreign youth copme but its the knowledge the staff bring with them that cause it

exactly and all staff with have 100% knowledge of their home country, if you go to your scouting screen and then click on scouting knowledge it will bring up a page of all the countries you have knowledge of and who/where that knowledge comes from.

Luck obviously plays a part, you could have the best facilities and it does not guarentee that you will have a good intake every year.

thats true, i've had a number of seasons with state of the art youth facilities without any good regens coming through and then one year i got three.

reputation? explain yourself

I bought regens with 190+ potential from teams you never heard of

clubs from 2nd 3rd leagues from Bulgaria Honduras Turkye Romania France

from what do I know

scouting - it's for CA and PA, even if you have a 20 = Judging current ability, 20= Judging potential ability, you can get mixed responses

- gives you chances that you have foreign youngsters coming through your ranks (example: I had a youngster come through my academy and his first nationality was Chile, second was my country Romania, what was odd, because there aren't many Romanians in Chile, nor Chileans in Romania, but what was extremely odd was his First Name was Spanish "Alvaro" and his Last Name was Romanian "Rogojan" which in 10 years of FM I never saw something like this) see pictures below

alvarorogojan.png

alvarorogojan2.png

facilities and youth academy - definitely a must have

coaches - they only coach players, they don't recruit young players

reputation? explain yourself

I bought regens with 190+ potential from teams you never heard of

clubs from 2nd 3rd leagues from Bulgaria Honduras Turkye Romania France

Reputation and facilities increase the *chance* of good players coming through, it doesn't by any means guarantee good ones, and world-class future superstars can very rarely occur at people with crap youth facilities in a low league. Just most of the time that won't be the case.

I admit I'm mostly quoting from experience, all I know is, I tend to on average get better regens at St Mirren now my reputation is world-wide. Yet I'm only a bit over 20 years in, it's by no means a wide enough pool of information to call it a definite "trend".

Reputation and facilities increase the *chance* of good players coming through, it doesn't by any means guarantee good ones, and world-class future superstars can very rarely occur at people with crap youth facilities in a low league. Just most of the time that won't be the case.

Why do people automatically assume when you say something that it means the opposite will never happen? Sigh :rolleyes:......

Reputation playing a big role makes sense. All children want to play for either the best team possible or their favourite team, and for a lot of people their favourite team is a famous/successful side. If a 14 year old was approached by Manchester United and Tranmere, I bet most would choose to go to Manchester United.

Reputation and Facilities are the only things that matter for me. I had a decent scouting network at Basingstoke but as soon as I started dominating the Prem, forget about it.

Also having an academy improves the chances of getting quality players. Before I used to get release-fodder but opening an academy mixed with winning leagues means that I frequently get "Player X has the potential to be one of the most gifted players of his generation"

I've had a pair of PA190s come through before, naturally I stuck them straight in the first team and now they're worth millions upon millions. Actually one regen I got, called Wayne Moore, is easily the best DR in the game and is worth 24million.

Archived