I can not pick a team im comfortable with in fm 10 can anyone give me a sugestion :(

Start a career game and make sure you load the English, Spanish, Italian and Germany leagues in their. Then load 4/5 other leagues that you don't normally manage in, Turkey, Greece, Scotland and France for example. Randomiser or pick a random club with a decent budget in a far off land and go from their. I did this and went from Kerkyra (Greek B) > Kerkyra/Israel > Israel > Kayserispor/Israel. Currently 2012.

Try doing a little research on some teams before (or after) you take a job there. Maybe if you get to know the team and city beyond just a name and colors, you'll find it more fun and engaging to manage them.

That usually works well for me. I never take a job anymore without doing some research on Wikipedia.

Start a career game and make sure you load the English, Spanish, Italian and Germany leagues in their. Then load 4/5 other leagues that you don't normally manage in, Turkey, Greece, Scotland and France for example. Randomiser or pick a random club with a decent budget in a far off land and go from their. I did this and went from Kerkyra (Greek B) > Kerkyra/Israel > Israel > Kayserispor/Israel. Currently 2012.

What he said but start out as a management ability of sunday league player and apply for a lowly job with no wages and work up. I am having great fun with this having managed Kildaire County in the Irish 1st division for about 7 end of season games and refused a new contract after impressing with a handful of wins. They never upped their offer so I was out of work but several months later secured a position in Italian Serie C2/B which I am enjoying immensely.

I've always found that the first few months are the hardest to get into. once you sort of "know" your team and have all the other stuff set up, like coaching and scouting and stuff, the game only becomes more fun from there. so my suggestion would be to pick a team with a good squad, good enough to win the league (which makes the first few months less frustrating), but maybe in a lower division or a smaller / less familiar country (to give you more challenges ahead). I think the Championship is one of the most fun leagues in the game, because it's very even, well-researched, possible to attract good players, but at the same time there's still a lot to do ahead of you even if you win the league. League One is equally fun, although obviously it adds a few years.

Huddersfield and Colchester are two teams in England that have great squads for their level (League One), and potential to improve. I often see them getting promoted to the EPL within 4 or 5 years, without any outside investment or anything like that. I've played as both teams and they're pretty fun - Huddersfield are definitely easier to begin with at least.

I would also suggest playing in the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 (with other leagues loaded if you want). A lot of these teams have very interesting stories, and as people have said, that's a good way to get into a game. For instance, you could try to reverse the curse of Bayer "Neverkusen", or try to succeed with Hertha Berlin (media prediction of 9th place in the game, finished last place IRL), or fix Nantes in Ligue 2 (they were well-known for playing beautiful football and bringing up some great youth players in the 1990s, but some sketchy decisions in recent years got them relegated to Ligue 2, and they came close to being relegated again IRL). Sometimes it can also help to have some really good, well-known players you can build your team around - so try Bordeaux with Gourcuff, Marseille with Niang and Lucho Gonzalez, Werder Bremen with Ozil, Wolfsburg with Dzeko...

The team you support is always good, as you are more commited to their success and you can stay there a long time as you love the club! :p

If not, the team i support! Reading.

They are a strong team in the championship, take them to the premiership and beyond :) always fun for me :) a great save ever since i started playing fm :)

i love the game alot but cant settle down with any team ive picked so far :|

I am the same as u im afraid, couldnt get into fm2010 at all, now im just holding off for fm2011 to arrive and hope i can get into it more

i take it dafuge's challenge will be up and running for fm11 ??????

I'm sure it will be, although I'm not entirely sure if I'll take part this time. The dynamic league reputation has really got me thinking about what sort of game I'll have with FM2011.

Archived