Footballer's Agents

Many footballers employ agents to help them locate a desired club, and I guess these agents are personal agents.

So far I have not seen these agents in FM 2010. Do you know if there is any player that will ask their agent to contact clubs if they want to have a change of a new club or their contract are expiring?

I was hoping that if players have expiring contracts, they might notify the club that they are interested in, and hence I do not have to waste time to keep engaging my scouts.

I believe I remember 'Has instructed his agent to look for a new club' can appear sometimes on the general happiness screen. Normally when a player has become unhappy with a clubs situation.

I think agents should be on the game because they're very much a part of the game today.

all ive seen of agents really is when offering contracts, and it saying something like "player X's agent says player X wants £Yk per week and a signing on bonus of £Zk", when if you scout the player, on the report it will say "player X would ask for wages between £Ak and Bk per week", which is almost always lower than what the agent is asking for at the contract screen

I believe I remember 'Has instructed his agent to look for a new club' can appear sometimes on the general happiness screen. Normally when a player has become unhappy with a clubs situation.

I think agents should be on the game because they're very much a part of the game today.

I agree. Especially when there are so many thousands of players in the FM database, having them to contact you at times drastically changes the structure of player scouting.

If you're playing for a lesser club, you can get agents urging you to look at a highlight of a certain player, etc.

Seen nothing when I've been bigger clubs though.

Yup I have seen nothing on the bigger clubs. But I was never aware of agents urging to look at a highlight.

Take in mind that I was not talking about scout agents, but player's personal agents.

all ive seen of agents really is when offering contracts, and it saying something like "player X's agent says player X wants £Yk per week and a signing on bonus of £Zk", when if you scout the player, on the report it will say "player X would ask for wages between £Ak and Bk per week", which is almost always lower than what the agent is asking for at the contract screen

I thought this is for scouts? Personal agents do that too?

There are a few kind of agents on the game i remember reading somewhere some are good and are all for the players career and isnt driven by money yet others will try everything they can to get you to stump up more £ it may be in the manual where it says it

i miss getting little video's sent to me of players i might be interested in by agents in past versions

I really miss these too. They were a great feature and one that gave the game more realism. I'd love the fact that on some occassions the videos would show them banging the goals in, but the masked attributes meant more often than not you'd get an unknown quantity.

Bring them back!

• 4 months later...

You do get agents in FM2011 alerting you to the availability of their "client" and a approx price he will be avaialble for as I have seen it in the demo, I'm not sure they target specific clubs though.

G

Archived