Allow transfer budgets in first window question

OK, I have been wondering about this for a long time but was too shy to ask, :D but what on earth does this option mean when you choose to start a new game?

What if one were to untick this option? Does this mean that the manager would not be given a transfer budget when he first manages a club?

Personally, I always tick this option but I really do not know what this option mean! Can somebody care to share?

Thanks!

Have you tried unticking it and taking 10 minutes to start a game and see the effect? :D

I'd imagine you'll be awarded a transfer budget of £0 for your first season with a proper budget being awarded in every subsequent season.

If the box is ticked then teams will buy/sell players as normal at the start of the game. If it is unticked then teams keep their squads as they are until the end of the first transfer window and then can buy/sell from the start of next window in January.

OK, I have been wondering about this for a long time but was too shy to ask, :D but what on earth does this option mean when you choose to start a new game?

What if one were to untick this option? Does this mean that the manager would not be given a transfer budget when he first manages a club?

Personally, I always tick this option but I really do not know what this option mean! Can somebody care to share?

Thanks!

Well basically at the start of a save the players that have moved in RL during the July/August transfer window are already at their new clubs as the database is set when the transfer window closes.

So if you leave the option unticked you have a much lower (if any) transfer budget as you already have new signings in your squad.

If you tick the option you get a normal transfer budget to spend on new signings on top of the new players that have been signed in RL.

Thanks for all the kind info, mates! I finally got it! :D

So I guess unticking this option provides a greater challenge, isn't it so? :thup:

It certainly does though I for myself never use it. Shaping my squad from the off is part of the fun, but as the squads are what the clubs have assembled by using their entire budgets irl one could argue it's more realistic.

In general I like the idea of this kind of option as it makes the game a bit more customizable in a simple way. I would love it if SI added a few more along these lines.

ive never played with enabled budgets, like jayahr said it makes it more realistic and much more fun. it also gives you time to get to know your players and how they fit in before you start shipping them off and buying replacements willy nilly

Archived