What training schedules do you have?

I've spent quite a bit of time redesigning my training schedules on FM10 and I'm now satisfied with what I have.

I tend to have the following schedules:

Pre-season

Defenders

Fullbacks

Defensive Midfielders (destroyers)

Central Midfielders (general)

Creative Central Midfielders

Attacking Midfielders

Wide Players

Forwards

I use the default 'goalkeepers' schedule for my 'keepers.

I don't tend to design any schedules for my youth players, preferring to just keep them on the general default schedules.

So, how about you?

After using Tugs last year, I thought I would use and design my own this year and have the following schedules;

GK

Defensive FB's

Attacking FB/WB's

CB's

DMC's

CM's

AMC's

Wingers

Inside Forwards

Striker (All round)

Fast Striker

Worked amazingly for me :)

Each player is given a primary/secondary/tertiary role and the training schedule is moulded around that.

e.g. I have a schedule for

Complete Forward Support/Poacher Attack

Deep Lying Playmaker Defend/Support/Central Midfielder Attack

etc.

Adds up to a lot of schedules but once built I don't have to bother with them again.

I have individual custom schedules for each player which although being laborious to set up, really makes all future tweaking for each player a piece of cake.

The line theory of training, notch 0-8-14-20 is a heap of junk on every conceivable account. If you put everything at notch 14 for a player slap bang on his PA, obviously every attribute cannot improve. If you put a 34 year olds Aerobic at notch 8 for "maintain" and everything else at notch 14 or 20 for "improve" and never play him, his Aerobic is going to drop like a stone. Put a Wonderkid on notch 8 "maintain" for everything and play him regularly and his attributes will shoot up.

It is amazing this "theory" of training is widely accepted because even a basic knowledge of how players work will tell you it is absolutely clueless.

^^ What he said.

I use partly SFraser's schedules and partly my own, based off his work.

I think your schedules at the very least put to bed any arguments in support of line theory, SFraser. Could you imagine their aghast at giving a central midfielder only 4 or 6 notches on Attacking? Think of the decline! You'd be left with a team of hoofers.

Archived