Does sacking need to be reviewed

So that time has come, the club is under achieving and the players have lost confidence, i was 11 games in with west ham 2011 and 13th a few wins away from 6th.

Last year a solid 6th and at one point we were 1st and in the top 4 for a while, i have been building a young team and buying good talent!

So IRL would you get sacked?

i doubt it!

So that time has come, the club is under achieving and the players have lost confidence, i was 11 games in with west ham 2011 and 13th a few wins away from 6th.

Last year a solid 6th and at one point we were 1st and in the top 4 for a while, i have been building a young team and buying good talent!

i doubt it!

How are you managing finances? Look at your wages and your balance. Also if you told the board that you had high expectations, and you weren't meeting them then they'd sack you quick enough.

It's not only the teams position that has an effect on your job stability.

You could be the best team in the world and be putting the club in debt with extortionate wages etc which will have a detrimental effect on whether you keep your job.

A lot of things come into it.

i am looking at the job security now and it says mine is insecure, even though i am in the champions league first knockout round, and in 6th in premierleague. i am tottenham btw. I think the notion of the top clubs that once you have finished high up the league as in the top 4 or 6. then you must stay there. if not, u could get sacked.

i maybe wrong .

Just like irl if you have a successful season, fans' and the board's expectations will go up. Its obvious but the main way to lower expectations is to tell the board the lowest possible option for your expectations at the start of the season, anything else and you're asking for trouble! The only exception to this that I do is not choosing "fight bravely against relegation", here I choose the next one up.

yes but sometimes you have a realistic expectation which is to be title challengers, sometimes, things do not go to plan. Its good to be optimistic at the start of season. but sometimes, it just don't go the way things do.

Look at City, they were title challengers just by signing people. but they had to change manager cause of bad results, they should have kept with hughes tbh

Indeed, since when was finance the managers job???

The board give you an amount you can spend, your performance is then pitted on how well you spend it and how well the team has a whole performs with team morale taken into account

THAT should be it

Your history should be taken into account, if you've been successful, then you wouldn't be insta-sacked for not winning anything, also if you've been the club a long-time (and especially a fan favourite), then it would take more than a few failures to see you replaced

If, because of your signings/contract renewals, the club is in debt... then that's the boards fault for giving you more money to spend than the club can afford

I think it needs to be looked at. On my game, in 2026, there's a couple of managers, Moyles and Zola who've been at their clubs the entire time, and looking through their history, have both had a few very shaky spells. I mean, Zola won West Ham a few titles in the 2010-2019 period, but since then they've been midtable despite spending a lot of money. He'd be gone by now in real life.

i doubt it!

The computer, AI (or whatever you wish to call it) wouldn't think like a human though, You probably wouldn't get sacked in real life. Whether you keep or lose your job on FM though, is all down to code. :thup:

I think the hiring process needs to be reviewed.

Too many ex-players become managers of national teams/huge clubs without any experience. Guardiola aside, that kinda thing never happens.

I've won 7 EPL titles in a row, 4 UCL's, and countless other trophies, yet I just applied for the Rangers job (I saved it beforehand though so I could re-load it, I had no intentions of going there, I just wanted to see the news stories it'd create if I left my current club). Anyway, Rangers are sitting 12th (dead bottom) at New Year and eventually sacked their manager. I apply and I'm unsuccessful. They give it to Ian McCall instead.

He played for Rangers in the 80's, but he isn't a club legend or anything and he's a rubbish manager compared to me, so I was gobsmacked when my application was turned down.

I think in terms of sacking managers, your description becomes "under-pressure manager" far too easily, but it's never led to anything with my games.

I was sacked from Didcot even though my job status was untouchable, came right out the blue because we were over achieving. My rep was unproven and they hired a manager with local rep, so I was wondering if they sacked me just to get a better reputation in.

I was sacked from Didcot even though my job status was untouchable, came right out the blue because we were over achieving. My rep was unproven and they hired a manager with local rep, so I was wondering if they sacked me just to get a better reputation in.

Probably..and this happens in real life too, but more often at a much higher level than Didcot.

Sackings are far less eccentric then before. I remember in (i believe it was CM 00/01) after i took over Atletico Madrid (starting in LL first with some other teams), Jesus Gil sacked me then promptly offered me job again and then sacked me again after 2 more matches.

All that time we were first in La Liga by 10 point difference, beating soundly Real and Barcelona, didn't spend any money. We were actually ultra rich at that point, players were all happy and they loved me dearly.

There was really absolutely no reason at all for sacking(s), except Jesus Gil being himself...

i doubt it!

Similar things happened to me in the third season of saves I really got into with Athletic Bilbao and Lazio respectively, and that was a shame. I call it "the third season curse".

Archived