How long is indefinite?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Until they retire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously haven't used it very much ten or played a few seasons

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

I think its been doing 1 year, but I haven't paid attention to it - in fact, I stopped using "Indefinite" when I figured out that it wasn't what it said on the tin. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it really one year, its annoying as I do receive the mail reminders saying X player has been removed from your shortlist as instructed.

But if I chose indefinatly they should still be there. Or do I have to select keep on shortlist indefinatly as it should be? Most confused.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Until they retire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously haven't used it very much ten or played a few seasons </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why hasn't he used it very much? Indefinite is for ever. :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pyewackett:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

I think its been doing 1 year, but I haven't paid attention to it - in fact, I stopped using "Indefinite" when I figured out that it wasn't what it said on the tin. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it really one year, its annoying as I do receive the mail reminders saying X player has been removed from your shortlist as instructed.

But if I chose indefinatly they should still be there. Or do I have to select keep on shortlist indefinatly as it should be? Most confused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 year is...

Player > Right Click > Add to Short list > 1 year.

If you add a player indefinitely, and then look at your shortlist, under days remaining it should have a hyphen "-". Therefore I don't know why it may be removing them after a year.

Anyway, by definition, it shouldn't be removing them after a year - should be keeping them on there until you say otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

If you add a player indefinitely, and then look at your shortlist, under days remaining it should have a hyphen "-". Therefore I don't know why it may be removing them after a year.

Anyway, by definition, it shouldn't be removing them after a year - should be keeping them on there until you say otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is correct.

joeyt, cudman - which version of the game are you using? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you mean what console do I play it on I play it on the PC?

joeyt, cudman - which version of the game are you using? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you mean what console do I play it on I play it on the PC?

Basically, I'm asking because I know for sure it was "broken", the way I described earlier, in FM'05. In that version, it showed the hyphen "-", but still removed the player after 365 days.

I got out of the habit of using "Indefinitely" because of that, so I can't say for certain how it works in FM'08, and at the rate I play, I won't get a year along in time to contribute to this discussion! icon_biggrin.gif

Now we have people asserting different things: you, me, cudman, and pyewackett asserting that its broken ..

.. but others, including NepentheZ, whose opinion I respect, asserting that it really does mean "indefinite" ...

... so I'm wondering if its something that was broken, but got fixed somewhere along the line.

Basically, I'm asking because I know for sure it was "broken", the way I described earlier, in FM'05. In that version, it showed the hyphen "-", but still removed the player after 365 days.

I got out of the habit of using "Indefinitely" because of that, so I can't say for certain how it works in FM'08, and at the rate I play, I won't get a year along in time to contribute to this discussion! icon_biggrin.gif

Now we have people asserting different things: you, me, cudman, and pyewackett asserting that its broken ..

.. but others, including NepentheZ, whose opinion I respect, asserting that it really does mean "indefinite" ...

... so I'm wondering if its something that was broken, but got fixed somewhere along the line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

realy?

I'm stil using FM05, and for me indefinate means indefinate.

I use it for all my former players (and only my former players)

They stay on my shortlist even after they move into coaching, so it's the only way to get reports on when staff are being offered new contracts (would be very useful if they were any good as staff)

Archived