Offered a Job

Guest PW

I don't understand on FM10 why when you are offered a job the board can't detail exactly what they are looking for from the new manager, i.e. we expect you to avoid relegation, you must qulaify for Europe, etc.

When I get offered a job they say how much and how long my contract will be but it's not until I accept it that I'm then told what they expect! Before I accept a job I want an indication of what is expected before I agree.

Absolutely. It would stop having to save the game, accept the job, then check out the finer print, and reload if needed, which I hate doing! I understand that if you're applying for a job, then prior to the application, you wouldn't know the exact finances/expectations etc, but if they come to you, surely they would have to lay out the plan for the future to try and sway you?

I agree. When offered a job it needs to be much more detailed. Where as not they just say how long and what wage, but it would be much better if they layed out plans and what they want you to do, aviod relegation etc. Also they should tell you what the finances are like at the club. Things like this need to be more in depth. Interaction is also another biggy.

This is a huge missing part of FM for me, we are after all the manager yet the game expects you to accept a job knowing hardly anything about the expectations, the transfer budget, future plans for the club, the way the board want the team to go forward, etc.

Come on SI give us more interaction (not like the useless press conferences) so that a manager can at least have a 'at a glance' list in the main areas of what is expected by the club and it's owners.

This area can really do with some improvement (but I'm very decidedly NOT talking about job interviews here).

However, at first they don't expect anything now in FM if you join a new club, so the problem here isn't too big.

I agree with a no to the job interviews as they will just be as bad as the press conferences.

However more realism and immersion into a club and the offer they make you is a must for me to make me feel like I am the manager.

Gad, Interviews would not be nice, very difficult to implement in a way that wouldn't get boring quickly. But more information on what is expected, and the constraints you'll face in trying to achieve that is a must IMHO. Even if it was similar to the 'Start of Season expectations' you get at your current club..

An interview situation surely wouldn't be that difficult.

All you have to do is, like a previous poster said, have a screen similar to that of the start of season expectations. But mixed with the job offer screen too.

Say a screen with a few statements from the board and corresponding drop down menus such as...

- Statement on what they expect you to achieve/Drop down box on what you feel you can achieve

- Statement on how much money they feel you need to achieve this/Drop down menu on how much money you feel you need to achieve this

Maybe a few other options, then the board come back in a couple of days with an offer outlining what they're prepared to give you based on what you selected/they want.

You accept, reject, or try to negotiate again, as is usual.

I'm not sure it'd get that repetitive, as it's a pretty important part of the game that doesn't exactly happen every week like press conferences. Plus it'd change from job offer to job offer depending on expectations/finances/your ability.

I also agree with this. In general, there should be more communication with the board.

In another topic there was discussion about how frustrating it is when the board say they won't upgrade the stadium because the council won't let them, but they say nothing about building a new one. Then, shortly afterwards, they might announce they're building one, even though they turned down your request. A bit more logic is needed.

Archived