Suggestion for FM11 - Resting Players

Sorry if this has been suggested before.

After each game I like to rest players whose condition is around the 70% mark, especially if I have another game in 3 or 4 days time.

However, I'm getting fed up of having to go to each individual player, scroll through the little sub-menus to choose whether to rest for 1, 2, 3 days etc...

I think it would be better if you received a message from your assistant manager or physio after each game, where you will be taken to one page with drop down options for each player and quickly choose their rest periods.

Alternatively, if there is already a quicker way of doing this that I am not aware of I would love to hear it.

You could just not select him, I've never noticed anyone getting upset about that. I've never chosen to rest a guy through the menus unless I'm getting warnings by my assman and the guy is dead tired.

Maybe next year, there should be a slider, anyone under a certain condition will be auto rested.

So few gamers rest players from training that I can't image SI adding your request to the top of their priority list. Sorry

I disagree. Resting players becomes an important tool in the lower divisions, especially during fixture congestion. When you have a small squad of 16 or so, you need all your players to be as fit as possible for these matches. Without rest days you would end up using players from the youth squad, and at that level they are usually nowhere near good enough to fit into the team.

I too think the options are fine.

However, I just want to make it quicker. I tend to find that 6 or 7 players (sometimes more) might have condition around the 70-75% mark and in need of rest for a day or two. At the moment I have to go into each players profile, scroll through the options, and then select 'rest.'

I just think it would be a lot quicker if there's one page where you can do this.

This is a great idea. And I have found myself wishing for the same lately. There could be an option in the Training screen, which you could tick to assign your players to a 1 day rest if they have played "x" number of minutes on a day. So that the game will give them a rest automatically from then on.

Cutting down on clicks, or giving us users the option to if we want to, should be the highest priority in FM, in my opinion. Otherwise it will become a mess the more things that are added. If something is added that allows to REMOVE (so many clicks) then it's not adding to the mess, it's clearing it up.

I too think the options are fine.

However, I just want to make it quicker. I tend to find that 6 or 7 players (sometimes more) might have condition around the 70-75% mark and in need of rest for a day or two. At the moment I have to go into each players profile, scroll through the options, and then select 'rest.'

I just think it would be a lot quicker if there's one page where you can do this.

If you hold CTRL and click on the little arrow to the left of the players in the squad screen then you can highlight more than one player. Then just right click and go into squad>training>rest and select the amount of days you want to rest those players for.

If you hold CTRL and click on the little arrow to the left of the players in the squad screen then you can highlight more than one player. Then just right click and go into squad>training>rest and select the amount of days you want to rest those players for.

Cheers CMOZZA - I'll give it a go later!

• 1 year later...

Archived