Argh rawrrrr England Free Transfer Deadline

Signed ould Beckham on a free transfer, on the day of the free transfer deadline. But I can't register him to play?

Playing as Leeds and Beckham fits the bill as short term midfielder for now.

Can I register him?

You can fix this via FMRTE easily if you don't mind cheating and this really irritates you.

(I did once with Arzhanov, where I did not see that he was ineligable because he has already played for two teams that year. It is stupid because I don't remember seeing my scout or assman say anything about that when I bought him)

While that is annoying, I *think* that might be the case in real life as well; Prem clubs generally seem to wait til January to sign free players, like Sol Campbell.

What I found really annoying was the fact I got the news articles "Knoll agrees Sheff Wed deal" "Knoll deal set to be confirmed" and "Sheff Wed to register players for the Champions Cup" all at the same time; obviously I ended up signing Knoll after I'd registered my CL players for the group stages, and thus he couldn't play (he's a generated player, and he's possibly my best player).

• 10 months later...
This just happened to me- Andy Carroll and Christian Benitez are both injured, so I signed Michael Owen on a free to cover in my second season.

Whaddya know, I can make free signings, but I can't register them. **** you, England. Spain has this one right.

Sign cover whilst the transfer windows are open, not closed.

There are squad registration rules in the EPL now.

Archived