Club debts manageable!!!! Just cheked!!!!

So guys was just trying an experiment before i choose a team for my new save....;)Besides ManU and ARsenal you can quite frankly manage with the clubs outstanding loans and debts...But since arsenal have a new stadium around 2 mill gets drained from ur account each month...so you basically have to buy small and sell 1-2 high profile players a year just to stay solvent...cause the loans till like 2029 or something...Man u its totally impossible with 645 in debt...your bound to go down the table even if you try to breakeven..and that means u cannot pay 30 -50 million on 1 player...plus u have to sell your players cause ur getting milked more than 6 mill a month...but Wham , Everton and Newcastle (which is the ebst cause u only pay of the debt when u actually make a profit). But Wham is decent too with only around 500K getting milked away e/m but heres the problem..Wham dont really have any sponsors...just 1 aroudn 400k a season...thats nothing compared to what the other teams earn....eve Everton is easily Manageable if managed right...cause u have youth ...

NOw the funniest part...Liverpool's debt is manageble:eek: ...as they have only 1 bank loan and around 2.4 million a month...thats around 24 mill a season...easy if u sell a couple of clowns in the team and trust me there are quiet a few and replace them with younger talented individuals...so in conclusion we need to be buying smart not paying over the odds on individuals...but if u want to take the risk...with pool ull have to clean out their squad cause benetez made a mess of it...and thats including the reserves ...and the first team...id do a Ferguson and let my 1st 2 years be transistion years...and then build from there...thats gonna be fun especially if new owners come in..

Something to think about:rolleyes:...well i was kinda bored and am waiting for my girl to come anything ...thats y i sat down to write this if anyone was wondering????:o

Coming from a person, who is studying Economics at degree level, I must admit, I enjoyed briefly skim-reading this rather spontaneous thread as a breath of fresh air to the more intellectual rubbish I have to read on a daily basis, so thank you for that, even if it occurred unintentionally. I agree, it requires a rather clever approach to ensure financial safety in game.

thank you ... even though economics is one of least fav subjects...lol...i dint even think about it in that sense...just got to writing it as i read quite a few people having a hard time with thier budget...and then u realise.....they spend around 65 million a season on transfers...

actually you don't need to sell any players. The tickets sales from matches should be enough along with merchandising. Merchandising alone for big clubs should pay off the debt. You just need to make sure you make an OVERALL profit on transfer market over the years. First year I send more than I make cause I want my squad set but over the years I barely change players. So I tend to make a profit.

Man Utd's debt is actually managable. Im near the end of season 3 and i have a transfer budget of £145m because I have not made any big signings. I think the most ive paid for a player is £9m for Lukaku in season 1. I have sold Vidic for £41m and that is the only high profile name to have left. I have sold a lot of youth players with a 50% of next transfer clause so I can either wait for them to be sold or cash them in after a year or so.

As long as you finish top 3 in the league every year and qualify for the champs league every year the prize money alone will take a big chunk of that seasons debt away. Then on top of that you have a transfer budget that is not being used. Just as a guess I could have a £200m transfer budget at the start of season 4 if all goes to plan. Thats just over a quarter of the debt sat there waiting for me to spend. Surely if i build enough of this money up the board will take some of it to pay the debt off.

Like I say, Im coming towards the end of season 3 and my team is pretty much set up for the next 6-10 years without even buying another player as ive bought young and trained them up over the 3 seasons. I also have a near 90k capacity stadium now aswell because of an expansion at the start of season to so gate recepts will be healthy. In a couple of seasons the debt wont even be an issue............hopefully!

I think there should be a board request option like 'suggest the board pays off some of the club's loans'. I think it would be a good addition if you have built up a surplus of money in your balance that isn't being used, to be able to suggest that the club pays off some of the debts.

Man Utd's debt is actually managable. Im near the end of season 3 and i have a transfer budget of £145m because I have not made any big signings. I think the most ive paid for a player is £9m for Lukaku in season 1. I have sold Vidic for £41m and that is the only high profile name to have left. I have sold a lot of youth players with a 50% of next transfer clause so I can either wait for them to be sold or cash them in after a year or so.

As long as you finish top 3 in the league every year and qualify for the champs league every year the prize money alone will take a big chunk of that seasons debt away. Then on top of that you have a transfer budget that is not being used. Just as a guess I could have a £200m transfer budget at the start of season 4 if all goes to plan. Thats just over a quarter of the debt sat there waiting for me to spend. Surely if i build enough of this money up the board will take some of it to pay the debt off.

Like I say, Im coming towards the end of season 3 and my team is pretty much set up for the next 6-10 years without even buying another player as ive bought young and trained them up over the 3 seasons. I also have a near 90k capacity stadium now aswell because of an expansion at the start of season to so gate recepts will be healthy. In a couple of seasons the debt wont even be an issue............hopefully!

Can't do that mate, the club and the financial institutions will have negotiated set terms for payment. It would actually cost more money if the club were to pay more money each month/year because it would break these terms

I don't really think the bank would mind getting their money earlier

At the end of the day it's not the managers responsibility to manage the funds of the club and it's down to more control from the powers above.

As a manager and i bid 12 million for a player and the club owes 24 million in loans and yet the board do not block the bid then it's the board failing the club and not the manager.

I would be more than happy to spend, spend and spend knowing the clubs dire straits of debt and you dont get anywhere buying less skilled players for low fees.

They wouldn't like it though as they would lose interest.

The longer it takes someone to pay back their mortage the happier the bank is cause it makes more money.

At the end of the day it's not the managers responsibility to manage the funds of the club and it's down to more control from the powers above.

As a manager and i bid 12 million for a player and the club owes 24 million in loans and yet the board do not block the bid then it's the board failing the club and not the manager.

I would be more than happy to spend, spend and spend knowing the clubs dire straits of debt and you dont get anywhere buying less skilled players for low fees.

Well I've won the Champions League and the Premier League buying less skilled but cheaper talent. The key is to pick those world class regens early when they are still cheap and develop them yourself. Makes the game much more enjoyable in my book aswell. Knowing that you have built your squad from scratch.

I've never understood what's fun about starting with one of the top 4 clubs, buy the best players available and win everything. There is no challenge. Try winning everything with Bury for instance. Now that's a challenge!

Well I've won the Champions League and the Premier League buying less skilled but cheaper talent. The key is to pick those world class regens early when they are still cheap and develop them yourself. Makes the game much more enjoyable in my book aswell. Knowing that you have built your squad from scratch.

I've never understood what's fun about starting with one of the top 4 clubs, buy the best players available and win everything. There is no challenge. Try winning everything with Bury for instance. Now that's a challenge!

Agree with joining the big clubs first there is no challenge in that too me, but most do that because they want to win all the trophies and leagues and can turn round and say hey ive completed FM10.

The other thing i find amusing at times is the formations people create and say your win, win and win. What teams are these formations they are based on teams like Liverpool, Chelsea and Man u, no lower leagues of course.

Start at the bottom and work your way to the top, now that is a challenge.

Wham , Everton and Newcastle (which is the ebst cause u only pay of the debt when u actually make a profit). But Wham is decent too with only around 500K getting milked away e/m but heres the problem..Wham dont really have any sponsors...

I only really skim read this and thought you were comparing the financial situations of football clubs to the 80's pop duo Wham. Figured George Michael's various bail incurring misdemeanours were the 500k per month you were referring to. Having read the OP again I now feel slightly let down :(

fatboyjohn, im sorry to go off topic here , but do you advise Economics? And any tips for me? As im currently doing it at A-Level , well As-Level at the moment. Any advice etc would be much appreciated! And to try and make this post topic related, i find that my favourite games have come from where i have to manage clubs with debts.

Archived