Irony?

I think you don't fully understand what irony means.

Irony:1) of or pertaining to iron eg. "this iron bar is very irony.

2) what dwarfs don't get (sorry couldn't get a direct link, but the dwarfen approach to irony is summed up best by the response to the saying "Bob's your uncle" of "but surely Bjorn Stronginthearm is my uncle").

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a situation, literary technique, or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity, discordance, or unintended connection with truth

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a situation, literary technique, or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity, discordance, or unintended connection with truth

My god, I guess we learn something every day !

Has nobody ever told you that Wikipedia isn't a totally reliable resource? ;) What you've spotted is not irony, but merely coincidence.

Archived