Chairman selling players behind your back, why no press conference?

I'm Southampton and my Chairman sold my captain on deadline day so I resigned but why is there no press conference? I think this would be a good edition for fm11 plus should have the option to give the chairman an ultimatum

What would the ultimatum relate to? An ultimatum demanding that he not sell anymore players without your consent? Only reason I ask is that this seems like one destined to fail every time. No chairman is going to accept that kind of threat, of being told he can't do what he feels is right for the club.

I think it is something that should be added to contract negotiations. Sure clubs could lie and go back on a promise, but it'd be nice to at least be able to negotiate a "Won't interfere in transfer policy" clause.

I like the sound of this :) Perhaps there should be more clauses, such as wage and transfer budgets if you sign etc.`

In real life we see managers saying things like "I will not accept dealings for players behind my back". Why aren't we given the option?

Again lack of competition in this genre. This similar this were in other versions, like Real Madrid would actually sign players and then say go win. Or Chelsea would do the samething.

Then you have these hypocrites calling for realism yet don't want the board to interfere. And its not that hard to code either. Just change the chairman attributes and put a clause in your contract if they do it then they breached the contract. Happened at West Ham. Also maybe it could have the fans calling for the chairman's head. From your perspective it doesn't make a different as you can resign either way. But I think should have an affect on the chairman and definitely adds to realism.

if you had good finances this stuation wont happen. it is about finance exactly. my club has sold my best player too but after i improved my finances , they did not repeat it even they offered 50 M bid for one of my player.

Archived