Scored 6 goals away from home, and LOST !!!

Playing as FC United of Manchester (though team name and stadium name have been changed) in a Northern Premier Premiership game, this is surely a contender for one of the most mental matches ever. Has anyone else ever seen a team score 6 goals away and lose ??

Is there a record for most away goals scored and still losing ?

59203638.jpg

Has anyone else ever seen a team score 6 goals away and lose

It's happened once in real life........unfortunately to my team (Huddersfield) back in the 1957/58 season. 5-1 up with just under 30mins ago, and playing against 10 men for most of the game, yet we lost 7-6. Ok it's not in the game, but it has happened in real life before.

Yea Ithink he is meaning in general that the away team scored 6 but still lost. Also have you edited your team? It's just your player names seem to be all CAPS, strange.

No, team isn't edited. I just had caps lock on when entering my nicknames :D Looks nicer IMO

On handheld I remember playing Blackpool at home and won 8-7. What would you say at F/T if you were the Blackpool manager.

Yeah I know what you mean from my CM4 days, I often wished that after a bad game, you could call the goalie or whoever into your office, and the next news item says that 'unexpectedly, after a freak training ground accident, (insert goalie name) has had to call time on his career due to losing a hand'.

Or after missing an absolute sitter,'unfortunately, after a brawl in a nightclub, (insert striker) has had to call time on his career due to (being kneecapped/arrested and jailed over GBH).

Yeah I know what you mean from my CM4 days, I often wished that after a bad game, you could call the goalie or whoever into your office, and the next news item says that 'unexpectedly, after a freak training ground accident, (insert goalie name) has had to call time on his career due to losing a hand'.

Or after missing an absolute sitter,'unfortunately, after a brawl in a nightclub, (insert striker) has had to call time on his career due to (being kneecapped/arrested and jailed over GBH).

Hahaha, that would be a nice touch to the game.

Archived