Level 9 club turn fully Professional

Spennymoor Town finished 3rd in Northern League Division 1 last year, but their board has decided to turn fully pro, and move all players onto full time contracts. Surely this a) would never happen, and b) gives them an unfair advantage

SpennymoorProfessional.png

Bug surely?

i'd say he's using a custon league cause if he was not then you would get much news on these teams and they sertenly would not turn pro

er, he is using a custom DB.

The one created by the great Super_Bladesmen no less

Are you using an old build of SBs database? Spennymoor had a sugar daddy in the previous build, which was removed in 0.67.

No idea, but I think its fairly recent

But the problem is, I don't think a club at that level would turn fully pro, HOWEVER much money that had. Whether that be £5M, or £500M

Super_Bladesmen is only a mod, not a game developer.

The word 'custom' would mean that, at a guess, it would be unsupported by SI at a guess?

I'm sure it is unsupported by SI. But it is not a db problem is it? Its a problem with SI's code which allows clubs to turn professional in a league where it just doesn't happen

Contact SB. I've added this post to his but he's not online right now.

I will do, but I think this has already been fixed in a newer build, so I'm not sure there is any point. I'll start again with the newest build once 10.3 is released.

Just thought it was worth bringing up as a coding principle gone wrong. Also, I'm slightly annoyed that I'm almost certain to come at best 2nd again, as imo this gives Spennymoor an unfair advantage

A PRINCIPLE that wouldn't happen if you weren't running an unsupported league pack, regardless of which user developed it.

Some ppl want more of a challenge and that pack is among the best ones out there even though it creates some bizarre results at times.

Some ppl want more of a challenge and that pack is among the best ones out there even though it creates some bizarre results at times.

I'm not denying that, after 10.3 I'm even going to give it a try myself :)

All I'm saying, well basically is what Tomer has just posted above you.

I know its off topic but what skin is that? Your own? Looks good! Lookes like its been made to have bigger font.

Its Midas Touch. Available in the skinning forum. I liked it so I installed it and I've not gone back since. I think its one of those 'love it or hate it' skins though tbh

Archived