Declaring your interest in another job

Wondered if anyone had any advice.

I'm with Valencia with about 12 games to go in the league on my 2nd season. Benitez's position at Liverpool is very insecure and i'm a Liverpool fan so i really want the job. Do i declare my interest. I don't want to mess things up at a crucial stage of the season but i would like the Liverpool job.

What is the procedure if you declare your interest? Has anyone done it and succeeded?

Please don't say just start a separate game as Liverpool :D

I think it can differ wildly depending on how secure your status is at your current job and your status in the footballing world in general.

For me normally in FM10 you get a warning from the board if they are unhappy with the declaration you have made and any more attempts after this warning could well result in the sack. If you have a high enough status and the other manager is very much on his lastlegs then you may get an offer from the other team but I think alot of variables can take place so no actual science to it.

Start a separate game as Liverpool :rolleyes:

Declaring interest normally disrupts any sort of relationship you have with Valencia.

If your going to delcare interest, you better get the job because Valencia wont like you much :p

well save your game before you apply, then if you get the job carry on as Liverpool, if you dont and you get fired, then go back onto the saved game.

it might feel like cheating as you did actually lose your job, but if you dont want to lose your current job but you want the Liverpool one more, why not risk it with a little bit of a back up.

On the same topic, I just quit my job as manchester united manager, looking for a new challenge in a lower league, but want to take my current manager reputation (world class) with me to see if it will help attract better players/staff to an average blue square premier team.

I had a look and picked Chelmsford City, but just realised I can't just waltz into any club. There doesn't seem to be an option for me to declare my interest in the manager's job (their current manager is stable). Is there anything I can do to help push my way into the job?

Hello

I've try this in my save with Benfica... and the results were just... stupid. LOL

I'm in season 5 with Benfica. Have won 4 Portuguese leagues, 4 Portuguese cups, 1 Uefa Cup, 2 champions League... so i'm kind of GOD to the Benfica Board and Fans.

At the end of season 4, Guardiola job in Barcelona was "very insecure", as my job in Benfica was "untouchable". My reputation is Continental (still no World Class??? Why????... anyway).

I declare my interest in Barcelona job. Barcelona president said that he would take in consider my interest, but not resolved anything until Guardiola was in the job.

Ok... that makes sence!

My "credit" in Benfica... decrease a little... it passed to "very secure"... and the board said something like..."hope i stay in Benfica"! Ok... again that makes sence...

Now for the stupid, IMO, thing...

One week later i declare interest in barcelona job, Guardiola moved from Very insecure to stable.

Why? I dont know... because in that week they lost, at home, agains Real Madrid.

But in get weird...

Since then, for 3 ocasions Guardiola was in "very insecure" position in Barcelona. In the 3 ocasion i declare interest.

In the 3 ocasion my position in Benfica decrease from untouchable to very secure (then go up again in a couple of weeks)

In the 3 ocasion after i declare interest, Guardiola, passed from Very Insucure do Stable! LOL

Hello

I've try this in my save with Benfica... and the results were just... stupid. LOL

I'm in season 5 with Benfica. Have won 4 Portuguese leagues, 4 Portuguese cups, 1 Uefa Cup, 2 champions League... so i'm kind of GOD to the Benfica Board and Fans.

At the end of season 4, Guardiola job in Barcelona was "very insecure", as my job in Benfica was "untouchable". My reputation is Continental (still no World Class??? Why????... anyway).

I declare my interest in Barcelona job. Barcelona president said that he would take in consider my interest, but not resolved anything until Guardiola was in the job.

Ok... that makes sence!

My "credit" in Benfica... decrease a little... it passed to "very secure"... and the board said something like..."hope i stay in Benfica"! Ok... again that makes sence...

Now for the stupid, IMO, thing...

One week later i declare interest in barcelona job, Guardiola moved from Very insecure to stable.

Why? I dont know... because in that week they lost, at home, agains Real Madrid.

But in get weird...

Since then, for 3 ocasions Guardiola was in "very insecure" position in Barcelona. In the 3 ocasion i declare interest.

In the 3 ocasion my position in Benfica decrease from untouchable to very secure (then go up again in a couple of weeks)

In the 3 ocasion after i declare interest, Guardiola, passed from Very Insucure do Stable! LOL

You're the Guardiola's little savior. :p

Thanks for all the advice guys. It does seem that the best way to go is to refuse to comment or declare your love for current club and then wait to see if you get offered the job when the guy is canned.

Just a quick question, where do you check the stability of your own job i.e. where does it say 'secure' 'very insecure' etc about your own position?

Thanks for all the advice guys. It does seem that the best way to go is to refuse to comment or declare your love for current club and then wait to see if you get offered the job when the guy is canned.

Just a quick question, where do you check the stability of your own job i.e. where does it say 'secure' 'very insecure' etc about your own position?

On your profile info - under-pressure etc on status

and in the 'Job Centre' bit (it may take a LOT of scrolling to find yourself tho :p)

Archived