How do you judge your midfielders performance?

At the end of the season.

How do you determine whether they've had a good season or not? Average rating? Assists? Goals? Pass Completion?

I personally, use the stats as a guideline, but mainly judge based on what I am expecting from their role, and whether they fulfil that when watching them.

I have a tempo setting midfielder, he rarely gets any assists or goals, wins very few headers, but has a good pass completion rate and my team falls apart without him in the side.

Speaking to a few people about the game and they seem to think that unless your midfielder is blasting in the ball from 40yards every other game, that they should be replaced.

I use a DM and an AMC, so for the DM I want to see good average ratings, anything else is a bonus. I'd expect the AMC to be contributing to the goals and assists, if he's doing neither then I would think about replacing him, rather like I would with a striker.

I use a DM and an AMC, so for the DM I want to see good average ratings, anything else is a bonus. I'd expect the AMC to be contributing to the goals and assists, if he's doing neither then I would think about replacing him, rather like I would with a striker.

Im probably more lenient with my DM when it comes to ratings than anyone else in the team, mainly because I think it's harder to get a good rating in that position in FM.

Depends on role, I expect my AM to score, my playmaking central mid to assist and pass well, my ball winning central mid and DM to have a lot of tackles and pass percentage.

As someone said, I'm forgiving of my DM rating as well...when I had Mikel and Sandro they averaged the worst of any first team players (around a 6.95) and it seemed never had any games where they rated above 7.2 or so. I realized that because they rarely score, and have kinda a 'backup' role, it's hard to rate them effectively. I did notice they had a lot of tackles a game, and a good pass percentage, with few errors..which seemed good enough for me.

Ratings seem too dependent on one play. A mistake leading to a goal seems to drop them 2 points instantly. I realize these are awful mistakes, but if a mistakes leads to a goal or not is not always a great indicator of how bad of a mistake it actually was, there is a lot of chance in this. Also it seems impossible for forwards to have ratings lower than 6.2 or so, and one goal gives them nearly a point and a half on the rating. Once again, goals are great..but making a penalty or falling into the ball and getting a lucky goal doesn't make you have performed any better overall, just on the stat sheet..

I generally tend to just look at the average rating they get for most of the team. the only position i use the stats for really are the strikers and goals scored.

I might actualy start looking at the stats rather than the average rating now though to see if they are playing bettr/worse that the average rating suggests.

Archived