Could someone explain what i am doing wrong?

I am Real Madrid playing Chelsea in the Champions League final and i have played the same match 4 times and it is getting pretty frustrating. Please don't go off on a rant about cheating, it is my game and i will play it however i want. On this occasion i want to win every trophy possible in a season with a ridiculously huge transfer budget.

Anyway, each time Chelsea have scored a goal straight from the kickoff and they then proceed to hammer me. The first time i used an attacking 4-3-3 so i can accept being beaten and shrugged it off to try again. The second time was a counter attacking 5-4-1, same result. The third and forth were ridiculous defensive formations in which i had no attackers and everything was set to ultra defensive. Basically the final two were me testing it to see if the same thing would happen, and yes, Chelsea scored straight from the kickoff with my defenders being static and allowing Lavezzi to waltz through to score. I guess 'it's my tactics', but how on earth can you stop the opposition from scoring straight from the kickoff, you dont have a chance to make any tactical alterations!

I have enjoyed the game apart from this one match which is seriously getting on my nerves now. May just have to holiday it and hope for the best.

I get what you are saying about cheating myself jacktheripper, i dont want people to think that i am claiming that i am some fm god while at the same time reloading etc. It is simply a season long game in which i have given myself loads of money and want to win every match, reloading if necessary. A pointless game some would say, but i find it fun just to invent scenarios like that in my head. I will try and beat them later on tonight, i am determined to do it. lol.

And edgar555, it is the diamond 4-4-2.

I get what you are saying about cheating myself jacktheripper, i dont want people to think that i am claiming that i am some fm god while at the same time reloading etc. It is simply a season long game in which i have given myself loads of money and want to win every match, reloading if necessary. A pointless game some would say, but i find it fun just to invent scenarios like that in my head. I will try and beat them later on tonight, i am determined to do it. lol.

And edgar555, it is the diamond 4-4-2.

Ok, its a very tough formation to beat, especially if they have a strong squad, which being first season (I'm guessing?) they do, no matter who they buy. The key to beating it (and I can't do it every time, they are a monster team at times) is to stay tight and compact, normal tempo, width and d-line. Counter from the start (whether home or away) and use shouts like 'pass to feet' and 'retain possession' to keep the ball. Don't get sucked into trying to exploit the space on the wings cos they are very good at dealing with it (either the mc's coming across or the fb's pushing up or they wait for the cross and JT/Cech mop it up). Anyway if you can keep it tight for 30 minutes then give it a blast with 'exploit the flanks' or 'look for overlap', you may even wish to change to 'pass to space' remembering to ditch 'retain possession'. If thats working then keep it up. Alternatively take that shout/s off and revert to the starting method. If you get ahead, stick with counter til about 60 mins then go to defensive, again using 'retain possession' and 'pass to feet'. As they pile on pressure make sure your players are not pressing too much, use 'stand off oppo' if necessary and also use 'play narrower'.

Also saying a prayer may help to whichever god you worship, mine is the great and vengeful FM god :D

Good luck.

****DISCLAIMER**** The above is not guaranteed, but has worked for me on a number of occasions.

I am Real Madrid playing Chelsea in the Champions League final and i have played the same match 4 times and it is getting pretty frustrating. Please don't go off on a rant about cheating, it is my game and i will play it however i want. On this occasion i want to win every trophy possible in a season with a ridiculously huge transfer budget.

Anyway, each time Chelsea have scored a goal straight from the kickoff and they then proceed to hammer me. The first time i used an attacking 4-3-3 so i can accept being beaten and shrugged it off to try again. The second time was a counter attacking 5-4-1, same result. The third and forth were ridiculous defensive formations in which i had no attackers and everything was set to ultra defensive. Basically the final two were me testing it to see if the same thing would happen, and yes, Chelsea scored straight from the kickoff with my defenders being static and allowing Lavezzi to waltz through to score. I guess 'it's my tactics', but how on earth can you stop the opposition from scoring straight from the kickoff, you dont have a chance to make any tactical alterations!

I have enjoyed the game apart from this one match which is seriously getting on my nerves now. May just have to holiday it and hope for the best.

In my opinion that's exactly your mistake in the other games you have played. You're going too defensive and inviting way too much pressure from Chelsea by doing that. As Chelsea have a world class team they will punish you easily. A common mistake people making is by going all out defensive. All it does is encourage the opposition to come at you for 90 minutes.

I would probably play attacking or controlled against Chelsea, but maybe a 4-5-1 instead. A formation is just a shape at the end of the day, you can still make a 4-5-1 attacking if you tweak it right. Playing 4-5-1 would also pit a defensive midfielder directly against Chelsea's AMC in that diamond they play.

r they playing a narrow dianond? what does yr tactical coach recommend playing them? i know i rag on them often but i tried their prematch advice this time and it worked. beat them away 3-2 in the league...he said play a 4-4-2 with a slightly high d line, normal width n fast tempo...attacking

after i led, switched to 4-5-1 and counterattacked. of course it helps i have tevez n villa lol

that cheating thing is disgusting,I just bought c.ronaldo, messi, aguero, villa, Silva, Torres and vidic.played against man u in the community shield and lost 5-0 got lot of chances but these villa and torres missed it

cheating sucks if you dont cheat nicely

@blackwolves. I really don't see how you can be physically repulsed by this, get a grip, it's a computer game.

They are playing a narrow 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers, or wingbacks for that matter. I will try each of your methods until i get success!

Archived