massive takeover in the championship

I've see Cardiff be taken over by a tycoon while in the Championship. They got promoted then finished 6th in their first Premier League season and 2nd in their 2nd season. Had some poor managers since have been challenging the for Europa League places for the last couple of season.

So, yes it can happen.

I've been managing before when takeovers have occurred and although the amount does seem a bit excessive I think it could well be possible based on my experiences.

Doesn't palace always get taken over in the first season?

Then, unless a special takeover was pre-coded, there would always be a likelihood (maybe just 5 percent, maybe 15, dunno) that the takeover will be a tycoon one which could easily include figures such as this. So your mate might well have gotten this lucky.

That being said, you can do this with an editor too I think, so without proof it could be both legit or not.

On last years I had a tycoon buy my club for £800m we already had £500m in the bank and he injected another £700m into the coffers. Out of love for the chairman I bought several large name Finnish players to the club, in with my usual spending spree of about £200m a season which barely touched the bank balance lol. Thanks to him Keirrison kept scoring in his twilight years, although my years of prudence and building the bank balance had been for nothing really when he came ploughing in his hundreds of millions lol.

Archived