Should i ever trust my coach to give me advice again?

reason is he advised me that chivu should not be taking free kicks. i ignored it at first because he has the highest free kick taking rating for left footers in my team plus my ass man didn't agree or disagree with this.

then 2 matches later, chivu scores a beautiful 25yarder free kick...:rolleyes:

should i fire the coach or what?

Coaches for me are like children.

Most of their ideas are ridiculous, but every now and then one of them surprises you with a half decent idea.

Agreed. Also never listen to them when they ask to praise someone for their recent form wildly, I clicked it once with Chiellini without actually looking to his recent form and afterwards he complained I shouldn't be praising him when he wasn't reaching decent form...

Yep, one of my coaches had the strange opinion that Alceu shouldn't be taking free kicks anymore. Alceu scores every free kick just outside the box and from a distance he has extremely high percentage. On penalties he is 100%.

I say he stays. :)

My coaches stronly agreed with each other that Beckham shouldn't be taking free kicks or corner kicks. I agreed on the free kicks part (good attributes, bad results) but corners? Yeah, I think 17 is too low for corners as well.

Also, coaches want to praise players too easily. They wanted me to praise my striker for scoring one goal in five games, averaging 7.01.

Maybe they know something we don't when it comes to free kicks and corners.

I've seen players who should be great free kick takers miss chance after chance. Maybe the coaches know why they're missing the chances.

Someone should check. Take their advice for a while see how it goes. I would, but I don't have a single free kick taker in my team.

I had this problem with throw ins. All things being equal, if my fullbacks are about the same rating as everyone else, I have them set to take the throws on their sides (it keeps shape better). My throw takers weren't very good (10-ish), but neither was anyone else on my team...my striker, and I certainly don't want him taking throws. So they'd always bring this up and I'd always ignore it.

I kind of wish there was a "Please never, ever bring this up again" button for these.

One thing I wondered, though: does taking a coach's advice fast track you onto his "Favorite Persons" list?

thanks guys for the feedback, i'm taking his advice with a grain of salt in the future.

Maybe they know something we don't when it comes to free kicks and corners.

I've seen players who should be great free kick takers miss chance after chance. Maybe the coaches know why they're missing the chances.

Someone should check. Take their advice for a while see how it goes. I would, but I don't have a single free kick taker in my team.

well the thing is that srna has never scored for me all year but my coach didn't advise me to remove him from free kick duties, fair enough cuz he has a 18 rating

oth, chivu has a 14 rating but he scored a beauty only a few games after i bought him ... good thing i ignored the dodgy advice from my coach because it was the only goal of the match :cool:

One thing I wondered, though: does taking a coach's advice fast track you onto his "Favorite Persons" list?

that would be interesting because based on the rate i'm dismissing his advice, i may be on his black list pretty soon.

I once had a coach suggest that a certain player shouldn't be taking the free kicks and penalties, so I removed the player from the list just to play along. A week or so later, the same coach comes back to suggest that the very same player should be our team's free kick and penalty kick taker. The player in question is David Villa.

Archived