possibly the strangest thing ive seen in fm10

okay,

so my housemate has just showed me a match report from his man city game.

bolton beat spurs 4-0 at the lane which he thought was a bit strange so he checked out the match report and stuff.

they had a goalkeeper at left midfield, another goalkeeper at centre mid, and after 5 mins they brought on a seriously poor looking 17 year old left back (aprt from his physical stats, everything was pretty much 1's and 2's)

has anyone ever seen anything like this?

he's about 4 seasons in as man city, original game db, no save game editor or anything like that......and to add to the intrigue, marco van basten was manager of spurs.

your thoughts?

i played against City with Burnley earlier and for some reason they started with Riquelme at right back with Zabaleta in centre mid and Adebayor on the left and Robinho upfront, they changed to normal positions after i scored though

i played against City with Burnley earlier and for some reason they started with Riquelme at right back with Zabaleta in centre mid and Adebayor on the left and Robinho upfront, they changed to normal positions after i scored though

I've seen Heskey play CB for Villa now come to mention it...like he started as a CB next to Curtis Davies

AI rotation policy is ridicoulus, SI should really look into in! In my fourth season Liverpool is really messed up. They have some half star 16-18 years youngsters playing all the time. Star players even don't make it to the bench. Losing games 0-7 and so and after half a season, they are in the relegation zone. Maybe it's something to do with the fact, that I haven't started a new game since patching it twice??

Since we're talking about strange things in FM10, i thought i piggy back on your thread and list down a very amusing thing that happened to me. After bringing my southampton team from the depths of hell (-10 points league 1) promoting them to the champsionship and then premier league (where i suffered but thats another story) i had a game vs liverpool. I contained them, everyone was working their socks off and we got to the 88th minute with a 1 - 1 draw. For a team that was tipped surely to be relegated from the premier league this is a darn good results. Then suddenly i won a freekick on the 89th minute outside the liverpool penalty box (cheaters did a technical foul on my striker but thats another story). So the liverpool defendes duly lined up to form the wall inside the penalty box. My striker stood over the spot where he was fouled. The ball was infront of the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper did the strangest thing, he picked up the ball and very very politely walked up to my striker and placed the ball infront of him. Then he walked back to his goal. Whilst on the way back, the referee blew the whistle and my striker kicked the ball in the unguarded goal! The keeper haven't even walked past the wall yet! and he dived nevertheless but to no avail as he was seriously out of position. I laughed out SOOOO loud, i won the game. Liverpool started goign on a losing streak and i ended up 10th in the league and liverpool 15th!!!!

i think that sums of liverpool season in real life as well. Nevertheless it was VERY funny and i could see the keeper diving when he heard the whistle lol i can imagine his face. very very funny, but if that happened to me, a broken FM10 cd might have been the result. Such is life.

On my one, Wayne Rooney has Goalkeeper (Awkward) on positions, check positions

That's on purpose. He has said he likes playing keeper in the past, and there have been a bunch of threads/discussions on that subject. I don't see why that means he should be awkward in the position, but w/e.

Archived