need help with matches...(more detailed inside)

los

So, I'm very new to this game. I bought it through Steam about two weeks ago Monday. First got wind of this game through a cousin of mine last year.

Anyway, my questions to the community are, when you are in an actual match, do you watch the whole match full-time or only key highlights? If you do watch it full-time, do you speed it up or do you keep it at the normal pace? The reason I'm asking is because I've been reading some of the updates that people have for the teams they manage and some people are already on their like 5th to 6th season. I've barely gone through about 3 months of my first season and I've had this game two weeks. I watch the whole game normal pace, but perhaps I don't need to.

Any input is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.:thup:

I do the same,key highlights only,i have the speed bar 2 notches from full speed aswell.

And as for people who are on season 5 or 6,i think you'll find theres some FM'ers far beyond that,i'm currently in 2023 and i know many others are well beyond that,addicts springs to mind ;) <<< aint we all.

Key Highlights unless im playing a big team or a Derby i tend to do extended and the occasional full match if its Semi`s or in the final or a competition .. I tend to watch Carling cup game though extended mode as i can see which youngsters are good or not :)

I watch Key Highlights, only because I don't really have the time/patience to watch a full one each time. Which is a shame really because it clouds my judgement on performance sometimes.

Ridiculously, up until quite recently, I used to wonder how certain players were getting 7+ ratings when I'd barely seen them touch the ball only to suddenly remember I'm only actually watching the highlights which are either goals or goal attempts. The rest of the match was going unnoticed in the background.

I do think I should watch the odd game so I can see exactly how some of my less flabuoyant players are functioning and to see exactly how they're obtaining their ratings.

Actually, this might seem an incredibly stupid question but when you watch a full match, does it actually take 90+ minutes (give or take injury time and whatever you spend doing Half Time changes etc).

I imagine it does but it seems insane that anyone would watch every match like that!

Actually, this might seem an incredibly stupid question but when you watch a full match, does it actually take 90+ minutes (give or take injury time and whatever you spend doing Half Time changes etc).

I imagine it does but it seems insane that anyone would watch every match like that!

I haven't watched a full match on this version but last year a full match was about 60mins.

My personal choice is extended highlights with the speed slightly above halfway.

As your new to the game (welcome btw:thup:), then it's not neccesarily a bad thing to watch maybe the first 2 or 3 friendly games on full detaill, just to see if you can spot things going on.

After that use key highlights, and adjust the speed to one that suits you! It takes me around 24 game hours to do one full season.

Anymore questions, you know where we are! :) Welcome to the forums :thup:

Thank you everybody, for your replies. I've tried most of your suggestions, and I like Cougar's below the best.

I haven't watched a full match on this version but last year a full match was about 60mins.

My personal choice is extended highlights with the speed slightly above halfway.

Burs, each game takes a little over an hour to complete watching the whole thing. At least for me it did. I was getting incredibly bored, but playing this new way has really sped it up and results are being seen. I am now 4 months into my first season (YAY) and I'm at the top of my division. (Espirito Santo State Championship, Brazilian Third Div.).

Thanks for the help fellas!!:D

Archived