How to get a yellow card?

Hi,

I am playing with 9 players away from a yellow card ban. So, I have 3-4 easy matches, and I would like to play them 3: 3: 3; I mean, every match 3 of this player gets a yellow card, so that they will be suspended for the next match, and so they will have no trouble for the big matches. But, what ever I try, they don't get banned. I use them to tackling hard, and close the opponent who is near to them and tackling him hard and on the weaker foot, but nothing happen. Of course, my other players gets the yellow card, but the 3 players ended the match without cards.

So, my question is: can we built a option in the player tactic: get yellow card?

For example, Puyol get a yellow card against Armenia so to do the ban against Bosnia, and to begin the WC 2010 without cards. Bundesliga clubs do it too against weaker opponent. You tell your player to get a yellow so that he can do the ban against a weaker opponent.

I would love to do it too, but it seems that my player sometimes can't get the second yellow, so now I have 9 players away from a yellow card ban

beckham admitted to doing this as well a while back. i think its unsporting and dont agree that fm should have this as an option. maybe if (in fm) some unsporting players did this of their own volition then fair enough as it does happen and would be a fair reflection of the game, but to have an option to cheat would undermine the game.

I think this is a smashing idea, however, i think as someone has mentioned, there might be a law suit as it vindicates cheating etc blah blah. I think it would be an easy thing to implement tho, eg, you would go to internal interaction with player, then (internal) ask player consider deliberately getting booked in the next game. (Like asking him to work on something in training). Then the following day he will respond either agreeing to it or not etc. Some personalities will be more willing to do it, with other less so.

But why it is cheating? Why it is not cheating when a player gets a yellow card, because his opponents dive by this tackle, and the refree thought this is yellow, and this yellow cost me a ban for the next match? I don't understand why should this be a cheating in real life, when all players say that they will do it. I remember a press conference in Serie A, where Juventus player told the jornalist that he got the yellow card, to do the ban against the next opponent, so he would be free for the derby against Roma. I see no point in this as cheating or unfair.

And like fatboy said, it would be nice to put this in interact with player, and tell him to look after a yellow card in the next match.

I have found my players who are one away from a ban seem to try extra hard not to get booked for a few matches. No idea if its possible to override this and ask them to get booked or if i'd want it as an option tbh.

I can't mention his name, but i have an Argentinian CM who has no issue in getting booked. 17 yellows in 24 appearances!

Why should this not be in the game because it is cheating? Should we then remove diving, cynical fouls, professional fouls from the game as well?

All forms of cheating are still cheating.

The point is you don't tell players to dive, foul the last man etc whereas we would be telling the player to get booked on purpose.

The point is you don't tell players to dive, foul the last man etc whereas we would be telling the player to get booked on purpose.

It doesn't have to be so for it to be in the game.

The game just needs to recognise that less sporting players may choose to do such a thing and perhaps comment on it.

Come think of it, cheating is already in the game. Time wasting is a bookable offence and against the laws of the game, yet managers can tell their players to time waste more often in the game.

Nope, its on default. I have tried easy, got him to stay on his feet when tackling etc etc. I've just accepted it now :D

yep same here ;)

i find that a brazilian midfielder somehow manages to do well enough as a replacement though

From the 9 I got 2 yellow ban, and 4 more away from yellow ban. So, now it is 11.

And like somebody says, it looks like the players that have the yellow, are so carefull to not get baned. I told them to tackling hard, and what I have: the opponent is getting injurie and my players get only a talking too. But the other player gets a easy yellow card.

Cheat or not cheat. I think to say to your players to get a yellow card is not cheating. I didn't read it in any journal. No journalist has ever said that a player cheated in the match to get a yellow card. Like I said, Puyol expressed it in the news that he will get the card. Some players of Bosnian National Team (Spahic, Rahimic) asked their coach if he would let them get a yellow card against Estonia, so that they can't play Spain, but are card free against Portugal. He didn't gave them the permission.(They bot got a yellow card ban for the second match against Protugal).

I mean, this is used in the world of football, and it would be nice to told to my player: go and get a yellow card. If you don't get one, then just go in the last 20 min. of the match and moan by refree, he has to give you a yellow. Or touch the ball with the hand. Or kick the ball in the row Z when the ball is in out. The commentary can say: and there is a yellow card and a ban for the next match for ...., maybe he wanted it to get rid of the yellows.

And for diving: Do you really think that coaches didn't let strikers learn how to dive in the box??? :) believe me, they do. Our striker had to learn it too. Today, it is a part of the game.

Archived