FM10 - Moving verfification from disc to internet

There are two ways. The first is to uninstall and then install again - this time choosing Steam as your install method. The second is installing Steam, loading it up and going to the 'My Games' tab. It should show Football Manager 2010, right click it and choose install.

I'm not really familiar with Steam so I may not be 100% correct on how to do the second method.

Having to have the disc in the tray all the time is very annoying. Patch it away SI please. It only hurts those who actually bought the game.

You didn't need the disk in the drive last year. The game was protected with authentification software to guarantee that your copy was real. Unforetunately there were problems with the method they chose and SI couldn't guarantee that wouldn't happen again. Therefore, they gave an option. You can install via Steam and never have to have the disk in the drive, or you can have the disk in the drive and not need to authenticate.

So you have the option available to you. Whether you chose to take the Steam option is yours, but you shouldn't complain about SI choosing to protect themselves in the best way possible without causing the problems that were evident with FM2009.

And Steam is great. You don't need to be online to play FM with it and it is safe, reliable software.

Archived