how is everyone financially?

I play as Arsenal and have been unable to sign players for last 2 transfer windows and am losing money each month. So much so that i cant even afford compensation for a new coach :)

Have just won the League and Champions League Double tho so am hoping to get some cash to spend and will have to unfortunately move some of my older players on who r on big wages :(

A year with a young team at this point is gonna be suicidal with the no doubt pressure for more success but i need to make sure the clubs finances r decent

I play as Arsenal and have been unable to sign players for last 2 transfer windows and am losing money each month. So much so that i cant even afford compensation for a new coach :)

Have just won the League and Champions League Double tho so am hoping to get some cash to spend and will have to unfortunately move some of my older players on who r on big wages :(

A year with a young team at this point is gonna be suicidal with the no doubt pressure for more success but i need to make sure the clubs finances r decent

how much do you get from the T.V rights? mine is only about 8 million so i had to sell most of my reserve and cut down the salaries. Also, when you check the club info, what is your club value? mine is at 181million right now. I checked "richest clubs" and im ranked like 27th with real madrid on top with a staggering 1.1billion..... my goodness...

same situation down in league 1. even starting with 700k in the bank by drawing liverpool away in the fa cup etc by the end of the season im fairly deep in the red despite being 1 third under my wage budget and just to get back in the black every season i have to sell a star player. also have to get through the whole season with just 13 players! plus the game is broken because now in 2014 no premiership teams have a reserve team so theres no loanees to be had. si please fix this in the patch!

My club value is 360M with a 431M loan to pay off.I am currently 3rd in the rich list which says alot for the state of the other teams in my save :)

In total for winning the Double i got 42M for TV revenue but my transfer budget is still at 45k for some reason...

same situation down in league 1. even starting with 700k in the bank by drawing liverpool away in the fa cup etc by the end of the season im fairly deep in the red despite being 1 third under my wage budget and just to get back in the black every season i have to sell a star player. also have to get through the whole season with just 13 players! plus the game is broken because now in 2014 no premiership teams have a reserve team so theres no loanees to be had. si please fix this in the patch!

wow which team are you playing with? 700k is what a lose every month... I always end each season with about either 1.5 million or in red numbers, but i think this is just like IRL. a lot of football clubs arent making a lot of money unless you are a top top team like barsa

My club value is 360M with a 431M loan to pay off.I am currently 3rd in the rich list which says alot for the state of the other teams in my save :)

In total for winning the Double i got 42M for TV revenue but my transfer budget is still at 45k for some reason...

holy crap, 42 million! why is my t.v rights revenue only at 8million, does nobody watch portuguese football or something? I wanted to buy your fabregas and his salary is like $175,000 per week.. lol, my highest salary is saviola at $75,000 pw and nobody wants to buy that little rabbit!

wow which team are you playing with? 700k is what a lose every month... I always end each season with about either 1.5 million or in red numbers, but i think this is just like IRL. a lot of football clubs arent making a lot of money unless you are a top top team like barsa

Barnet F.C, are we talking in pounds or euros here? yea your right most clubs lose money. kind of annoying when you want to be a manager long term though. and especially when the game is broken and wont provide any loanees of any worth

That is a very good point for long term managing. I want to be Arsenal full time on this save and even tho i am winning them trophies i can only see myself getting the boot due to the uncontrolled finances.The only thing i can see saving me is a takeover but as i have had a change of chairman i think thats my chance gone

I'm losing about £5k net a month and my current finances stand at -£60k. I'm in the HK First Division so money is really hard to come buy. My only hope is to find gems and sell them on to make any kind of money. But considering my most valuable player is worth £10k...I don't think i'll be making a quick buck very soon! :(

Currently £2.3m in the red with Hull, too many big earners I can't shift like Geovanni, Bullard, Owen all on 40-50k per week

wow how you got owen as Hull is beyond me. This is a very realistic part of the game, pretty much you cannot make a super star team with a low reputation team unless you want a deficit of 1 billion euros...

have just began pre-season in 2013 and will be recieving 29.4M in TV rights over the course of the season.

On a side note Man Utd have just signed a sponsorship deal worth a mere 46M in contrast to me (Arsenal) who just won the League and CL will be recieving 10M

Currently playing as Liverpool and by January 1 I will have spent 179m on players, all of it over 48 months so I will be paying off the remainder of that over the next 3.5 years. Player sales will barely add up to 100m so quite a large net loss. Add on the 2.4m loan repayments each month and things might get shaky. I have however bought a few players I'm looking to groom for the purpose of selling though, so that should stand me in good stead.

On a bit of a side note, do you get a higher contract offer if there are more funds available?

I sold players to the tune of 100m and did the buying all over 48 months. I am in mid december at present so Dzeko (25m) and De Rossi (55m) haven't arrived yet but I will post screenshots when they do.

It's worth noting the players cost 179m, but in terms of what I had to pay so far it would only be like 1/12th of that figure in terms of finances and 1/4 in terms of transfer budget.

All seems pretty realistic to me as in real life most of the top European teams all have serious debts and/or red figures. Some teams only stay in the clear because the owners pump money in to the clubs. Most of these debts/red figures are caused by way to high transfer prices and huge salaries.

Set up a good youngster scouting program and collect the benefits after 2-3 years

I never have loans, I never go into the red, but yeah I sometimes sell a player for a small fortune (4-5x times the value of the player) to one of those mad spending "top" teams

It's certainly a lot but I'm trying to create a strong tactic using box to box midfielders and a ball winning mid. Mascherano it turns out is poor suited to the ball winning role and basically wanted to bring in De Rossi to see if I can't make it work. I spent 40m on Chiellini too!

Chiellini cost me 44M so u got him cheap!!!

And yes im at Arsenal who have to repay a debt loan that is currently at 431M so i guess the monthly repayments will be alot... only wish u could have more say on the finances front to negotiate a better sponsorship, loan repayment scheme etc

Chiellini cost me 44M so u got him cheap!!!

And yes im at Arsenal who have to repay a debt loan that is currently at 431M so i guess the monthly repayments will be alot... only wish u could have more say on the finances front to negotiate a better sponsorship, loan repayment scheme etc

I know what your saying but its not really a mangers job to deal with the financials that much. He just kind of gets told what he has. What i would like to be able to do, is stash any excess transfer funds away if i dont use them so i can use them when i need them.

I wonder how much of these losses are down to players paying monthly for players now?

well mine is clearly down to 2 major factors.

1. Players wages

2. Debt repayments

I checked out how much my loans r each month and they combine to a massive 2.4M a month that im paying out repaying it, put on top my wage bill which last month ( trying to reduce by offloading some players ) was 6.2M then its clear to see why my finances r low

I'm Sunderland so, in theory, I should've been alright financially. But no, I'm losing around £3mil a month, Niall Quinn (chairman) desided to extend the ground, costing 7.5mil and TV revenue and prize money seems to have vanished. I was given 30mil (ish) TV revenue and 11mil prize money, yet the balance didn't move a bit. Now, I've got 6mil and, because I'm between seasons, I'm making around 1mil a month at the moment. But when the season does start again, I'll have to pay appearence fees and the like and I'll be in the red in no time at all.

Archived