premierleague

i still think you should be able to give as many players as u want squad numbers

I agree to this!

I was taken back at how all my squad numbers got reset! If I don't need to register under 21s, I don't think the game should count them in the 25 when I give them a number.

I agree to this!

I was taken back at how all my squad numbers got reset! If I don't need to register under 21s, I don't think the game should count them in the 25 when I give them a number.

why would you give them a number, they can play unregistered but you still want to register them?

I quite liked giving all my players numbers. :(

Strange rule, seems to encourage greater hoarding of foreign youngsters. They'll get their citizenship and biff baff bong, clubs can boast a home-grown team..

it will actually more than likey do the opposite. For a player to be home grown they will have to be trained in the english or welsh FA for 3 years before the age of 21. thus meaning if a team buys a 19 year old italian when he hits 21 he will not be homegrown.

It will 'in theory' get more clubs developing players through their youth ranks to avoind having to cut players from their squad due to them not being home grown.

you will still get some young players ie fabregas is a perfect example, he joined arsenal at 15 so he is home grown, so yes teams will be looking at under 18's but to me, if a team takes the gamble ona 16 year old then if he comes good they deserve to claim him as home grown.

They'll still need a number to play - hence why people would want to give them a number...

yes but they dont need a squad number to play, they can be given a number on match days, as it currently works irl, the player who is not 'registered' will more than likely get the same number every week but they dont have a set squad number as they are not registered in the squad.

it will actually more than likey do the opposite. For a player to be home grown they will have to be trained in the english or welsh FA for 3 years before the age of 21. thus meaning if a team buys a 19 year old italian when he hits 21 he will not be homegrown.

It will 'in theory' get more clubs developing players through their youth ranks to avoind having to cut players from their squad due to them not being home grown.

you will still get some young players ie fabregas is a perfect example, he joined arsenal at 15 so he is home grown, so yes teams will be looking at under 18's but to me, if a team takes the gamble ona 16 year old then if he comes good they deserve to claim him as home grown.

Considering british clubs are currently signing alot of U17 players from France, Germany, Spain and Italy, this new rule will most certainly not encourage them to stop doing so.

Considering british clubs are currently signing alot of U17 players from France, Germany, Spain and Italy, this new rule will most certainly not encourage them to stop doing so.

are you serious? the clubs are now doing this cause if it doesnt work out they can just farm them off to someone else, with this rule if they dont work out they risk losing that homegrown player, i feel they will be more likely to develop their own to get a better insight into whether or not the player will be good enough to make the first team

I think home grown should follow the International scene in Britain. Home grown = someone educated for a set time in the country.

My post - home grown they will have to be trained in the english or welsh FA for 3 years before the age of 21. thus meaning if a team buys a 19 year old italian when he hits 21 he will not be homegrown.

im pretty sure thats what i said..

Bear in mind that UEFA are trying to follow this up with a rule that bans the sale of U-18s. From that point it will be impossible to raise a homegrown player who you didn't personally find as a pre-teen.

I wonder how far the EU will let them do it. Freedom of movement, parents of said player just might happen to get job in target country, they resettle. Kid now will be establishing self as a citizen of that country, perhaps.

I think with the whole unlocking of labour thanks to the EU, I think this home grown malarkey is going against the grain.

I wonder how far the EU will let them do it. Freedom of movement, parents of said player just might happen to get job in target country, they resettle. Kid now will be establishing self as a citizen of that country, perhaps.

I think with the whole unlocking of labour thanks to the EU, I think this home grown malarkey is going against the grain.

Perhaps. The EU would have no authority to object if UEFA (or FIFA) banned the import of non-EU national U-18s, though. But yes, the EU would object in general and no-one knows where it will go from here.

the parents will still need visas etc to have jobs in the uk, your talking like this is the first time a country has introduced a cap on foreighn players, alot of major leagues do it and its good for football that england are

Not if they are from EU member states, if I recall. Or that it is much much easier to move around and get work within the EU.

Archived