Fm10 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working - possible solution

i had this problem for 2 days when i tried to launch FM10, but have just solved it. i have downloaded latest DirectX SDK, Patch 10.1 and then gone onto my video card manufactuers website (mine is ATi) and downloaded latest updates off them to match my video card. You can select from lots of windows versions and different video cards that they make. if you have a different manufactuer just try there website. hope this helps anyone with this frustrating problem.

i too am getting this error, fm2010 was installed fine before but i got windows 7 64bit and installed FM and it wont start due to this error, i have tried everything in your FAQ but it still won't play. The screen starts up runs the pre game videos switches to 'windowed' mode than on the screen where i'm expecting the FM main menu it just shows a black screen

sometimes when i try to start up it vanishes after the first intro video but it is in the task manager running process's although not visable capturell.png

ok so i have re-installed windows 7 ran the windows updates than installed FM, it worked so i then proceded to install Java and Flash Player after restarting i go to start FM and same problem occurs...

ok so i though it must be a conflict with Java or Flash so i formatted and installed just windows 7 and FM started the game and low and behold it vanishes from the display when i start to run it although it says it is running in the taks manager processes

Yeah - i've had this twice now too. Thankfully, i am a child of the bad old days, when FM/CM was more unstable than it generally is now, so I always save my games after pretty much every match, particularly when I've had a good result!

Mind you, I was 3 nil up as Newcastle against Cardiff the other day, playing an awesome game with a new tactic, and it crashed after half time. Very annoying...

i love the way SI mods where replying every 10 minutes when praise was incoming on the forums after the demo release now weve all bought the game and some cant even play it, they are no where to be seen...

good work SI

Well, lets give SI a chance. It is not as if they are ignoring this issue completely. I am sure they are trying to find solutions to this major problem. And I am not sucking up to SI!

i love the way SI mods where replying every 10 minutes when praise was incoming on the forums after the demo release now weve all bought the game and some cant even play it, they are no where to be seen...

good work SI

sofb thats why

Well after days and days without issue I now have this error message followed by a crash

I've done nothing different nothing new, just started new game and its crashed twice. I have flicked through some of the techy info but i dont think it is acceptable that some of advice is simply to save frequently. Thats not good enough, I do save frequently but that didnt stop me thrashing middlesboro 4-nil, game crashes and i replay the game and draw 1-1.

I've played fm since its days as CM on the amiga and this is driving me nuts!!!

Leggy

So...

If you've reinstalled windows it's likely that you could update your drivers - have you?

Is DirectX up to date?

Have you tried updating Java, lastly?

As a final solution it might be worth contacting Customer Services - details in the manual - they will do their best to help you out.

Cheers

Matt

Archived