Subs being continous or stop choice.

Hi guys.

I would like to ask anyone if it was possible to implement a check box of choice in the preference screen to choose if you want subs to happen as match continues (implemented since FM08) or to stop the match to make your subs, much like it does now for when one of your players receieved a red card or your player got injured that needs to be replaced.

Thanks for your time

Cheers

How would make sub in FM05, FM06 or FM07? You clicked on detail side and waited until the game prompted you tactical side and the make the subs, while the game is set automatically in pause. Then once your subs is complete you set confirm changes and go to the match where you click play once again.

This automatic pause, once you want changes that I want. I feel that pausing the game myself is doable, but rather tedious every time I need to make a sub.

I agree with Grade. Now, if you pause to make changes, you have the delay before changes are implemented, during which all sorts can happen. The old way, this didn't happen- it took longer to get to the tactics screen, but changes were made at the same time. It should be the same with shouts.

Furthermore, if you make a mistake, you have to wait for another highlight to end- previously you could just go back in and correct the mistake.

The new method is far more realistic, if you make a sub you have to wait for it to happen and yes something could happen but it happens in RL.

Aston Villa V Man City last month, 1-0 to Villa and man city want to make a sub, before that happens Bellamy levels the scores and then the sub is stopped.

The wait is perfectly fine.

But the new method is far more realistic, then why in blazes does the match stops when one of players is severaly injured or gets red card? In the sake of realism those cases match should never stop to adjust your tactic.

Guys the thing is in real life if a player is sent off or is severelly injured the clock doesn't stop. In FM it does stop and goes to tactical window for you to make the appropriate changes. However to those that say FM moving to subs that goes as the match continues to play, then it makes perfect sense it would be more real if those situation as well the clock didn't stopped for sake of realism.

For me I want to make subs without stress and hustle, and tried to use the continue to play match while making subs and made few mistakes that cost me four games which one a final.

Let's be honest, for me a Game needs to be primarily for fun, if the fun factor is being crushed by the realism factor then the game isn't fun anymore. For me the sake of realism in subs takes out the fun for the game, because now it is tedious task everytime I want to make a sub I need to pause the game.

I only request that SI is making this continuous and non-continuous an option in preferences window.

I've managed to substitute sent off players before, if you make the sub and the player gets sent off before the break in play, you still get the sub on

This must have been years ago. I doubt it could have happened in any of the recent FM series.

Archived