Long term injuries (1 year+)

DP

One of my concerns in FM09 was the lack of long term injuries. In my 20 season save at 3 different clubs I never saw an injury in my own team of 6 months or more.

Couple this with the fact that in the entire game world I never saw an injury of more than 1 year, I think it might be a problem.

In FM10 has this been looked at? I would like to see players out for a year with a broken leg (Eduardo) and for this to happen slightly more frequently.

Has anyone got any stories of where they have had players out long term?

Hmm, I can think of 3 really long term injuries from last season.

Probably dont want to be happening too often, theres normally one or so a year but last year I can remember Hargreaves Eduardo and Bullard

Apart from that cant think of too many others, probably coz my knowledge is mainly English!!

Dont think Id be wishing for more long termers tho!!!

Genuine question, how many 1 year injuries do you see IRL? IIRC Eduardo was out for nine months (or at least, that was the estimate).

Well there's one that starts at the beggining of the game on the quick start, 13 months I think.

I agree, it shouldn't be common but the game should at least be programmed to make it possible.

I've honestly seen nothing above 6 months.

Again, I don't think Bullard was out for 1 year either. Hargreaves probably has been though.

It should be possible if it happens. My point, probably not made clear, is that are these single injuries keeping players out for this long?

Eduardo had injuries after his major one, which caused him to be out longer, but I think his main injury was 9 months or so.

But it needs to be reflected in the game. So perhaps it should be that players suffer set backs?

I don't think the game represents long term injuries well enough - however it's implemented - when there have been high profile examples over the last few seasons (Hargreaves, Eduardo, Rosicky, Bullard).

Am sure there are plenty of others worldwide too.

Genuine question, how many 1 year injuries do you see IRL? IIRC Eduardo was out for nine months (or at least, that was the estimate).

Gary Neville was out from the mid 1950's until pre-season :p

And Rosicky was out 18 months.

You're right they are rare, but they do happen.

Again, I'm not convinced that Rosicky's was just one injury that kept him out, I could be wrong.

It comes down to the way you deal with them. If you rush them back, they will likely pick up another injury. If you ease them back in, they probably won't. Maybe injuries should be more common in the recovery stages?

Again, I'm not convinced that Rosicky's was just one injury that kept him out, I could be wrong.

It comes down to the way you deal with them. If you rush them back, they will likely pick up another injury. If you ease them back in, they probably won't. Maybe injuries should be more common in the recovery stages?

It was one injury keeping him out all that time, but he has had several minor injuries after his return.

I'm not sure on this one... SI say they work with a company that analyses injuries and stuff and thats where they get their data from? And also every year people then complain that there are too many.. On my 09 Barcelona Save i had Bojan and Ibrahimoviv get injured for 6 months with torn calf muscles so there are definately occurances where there are a few long term injuries... I lost my entire strikerforce i had to play Messi and Pedro/Rochina upfront - was annoying but thats football!

I just think this has the potential to increase the amount of complaints about injuries..

PS. From what i heard Rosicky was apparently out because of a drug addiction but Arsenal just said/pretended he was injured!?

I'm not sure on this one... SI say they work with a company that analyses injuries and stuff and thats where they get their data from? And also every year people then complain that there are too many.. On my 09 Barcelona Save i had Bojan and Ibrahimoviv get injured for 6 months with torn calf muscles so there are definately occurances where there are a few long term injuries... I lost my entire strikerforce i had to play Messi and Pedro/Rochina upfront - was annoying but thats football!

I just think this has the potential to increase the amount of complaints about injuries..

PS. From what i heard Rosicky was apparently out because of a drug addiction but Arsenal just said/pretended he was injured!?

And my point is that there are no injuries that I have seen OVER six months.

If it happens IRL, it should happen in the game.

I've had a couple of 8 month injuries... not ideal when they're your top scorer.

In fact, I think it was Eduardo in 09 coming back from his injury, played a couple of games and ended up doing his knee ligaments, same thing happened again. Ended up selling him ;)

Archived