pre order with steam

actually its very very rare that steam allows pre loading in a game. Your more than likely going to have to wait before its released before you can even think about downloading it. normally only valve games get that treatment. Or very big games (in MB size)

still even so, i can count on one hand how many games via steam have had pre loading in the past year, maybe even less than 5 to be honest.

Well I hope you counted FM09 in that, it was pre loaded last year. I think it was about 48 hours before the actual release, then we just had to wait for it to be switched on, so to speak. Steam users were the first to be playing the game iirc, it was one of the incentives of going through Steam, as was being first to get patches.

i dont' understand this "finger crossed"...there are problems with release date?

No, but we've not yet uploaded the digital code to the suppliers (this is perfectly normal). That simply has to go according to plan - and there's no reason to assume it won't, before you panic...:)

Archived