whats best??? take over a team or start unemployed??

for me i love being unemployed and putting sunday league player its fun challenging and i dont think you will get bored

EDIT-you will spend more times doing tactics and learning players ect its so great!!!

btw there is no best its a manager game people like managing different teams some like lower league teams some like middle league teams and higher league teams and unemployed there is no best or better or greater its what you enjoy most

i've been a fm fan from the start and every season i take over aston villa... i'm thinking for fm 10 i'm gonna start unemployed my aim to be villa manager .... how hard is it to start at the bottom?....

It is hard work but great fun going through a series of clubs to get your way to the top. Taking over a struggling club who have just sacked their manager is often the greatest challenge in the game.

I always just used to go Man Utd, but I started unemployed and took Darlington into the Premiership and really enjoyed the save. I've gone Utd since but a quarter of the way through the season I get bored so make a new save. Starting unemployed is the way to go now, for me anyway.

I loaded up the English, Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish and French leagues. I started unemployed, and 2 weeks before the January transfer window opened a Portuguese second division team called Portimonense offered me the job. I very rarely manage abroad, but figured it would be good experience.

They were in 15th (theres 16 teams in the division) and couldn't score for toffee. The transfer window came and went, I signed 8 players all on a free, 7 brazilians and 1 portuguese. The great thing about managing abroad is the no need for a work permit.

Since losing 1-3 at home in my 4th game in charge (my only loss in the league so far as top dog) I've gone 11 games unbeaten and have risen from 15th up to 4th in the league. I won't get promoted this season but that's only because the team made such a bad start under the previous manager.

I've got big plans for next seasons once I get some more players in...it's much more satisfying than taking a team already top of the world and winning things straight off the cuff.

I set my rep as Ex-Int Player, which in theory (!) makes the game "easier", but if I set start as Unempolyed I only ever get Prem offers - and have to wait for a vacancy at that level. I should like small clubs to chance their arms with offers (eg Barnes at Tranmere, Ince at MK), that to me would be more realistic. After all, I dont have to accept any offer. So for what it is worth I pick my team, whichever level I wish to start at, though it would be an idea to randomise until a job at the level you desire becomes "offered". For unemp you may be best going unemployed / auto experience, I believe that is best and gives more depth to jobs that may be offered.

whether goin a top european side or lower leagues i always go sunday league footballer for reputation

i find that whoever you choose to manage its a challenge as fans & players need to be won over

more importantly its a "real" experience after all i'm not an ex international!

Always start with Man City (which should be pretty easy this year :)) but by far the most enjoyable games are starting with no reputation and getting a job in League Two and seeing how far you get. In Fm09 I got as far as the Championship but never managed to break into the promised land that is the Premiertship. With the new editor my dream is taking the local pub side to the Premiership...

So after Man City win everything after two seasons I'll start on a long term game...

whether goin a top european side or lower leagues i always go sunday league footballer for reputation

i find that whoever you choose to manage its a challenge as fans & players need to be won over

more importantly its a "real" experience after all i'm not an ex international!

reality?, "schmiality"!

I would love to start unemployed and with a very low reputation, but where the hell am i supposed to find the nerves to play with a team of like 5th English league, where no player is worth more than 2k, **** man it annoys me out of the game in no longer than a month or two into the season.

Sunday league and random every time..

I tried sunday league and unemployed once but it took ages before a job come up and it was for a team that was as good as relegated, so i went there, we got relegated a couple of games later and i got sacked!!!! not a good experience!!

• 4 weeks later...

Start Unemployed open all available leagues (51-117) if you will not use editor created leagues + If you will use editor created leagues open them also

Select Starting Point as Malaysia ( November 2008 ) why malaysia because this is the earliest experience you can get...

Apply all teams you can get and pick one after them approach to you (if you don't do this them will not approach possibily because you're sunday league footballer)

Not accept any national job before found a club team because at first clubs not accept a person with 2 jobs...

Archived