Goal of the month

How many of you has had one of their players win the goal of the month award? And how often? I for one, played two saves, one with Lierpool and another with Juve, and I haven't in both games, mind you I won the leagues on both.

How many of you has had one of their players win the goal of the month award? And how often? I for one, played two saves, one with Lierpool and another with Juve, and I haven't in both games, mind you I won the leagues on both.

I have always wanted to ask this. Is it just me or does "Goal of the month" not appear every month? It seems that it only pops up once every months...

but when it does, my players win it from time to time. Not often but fair enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amorwong:

I have always wanted to ask this. Is it just me or does "Goal of the month" not appear every month? It seems that it only pops up once every months...

but when it does, my players win it from time to time. Not often but fair enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

once every several months.....just missed out the word

btw, I play Real Madrid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

How many of you has had one of their players win the goal of the month award? And how often? I for one, played two saves, one with Lierpool and another with Juve, and I haven't in both games, mind you I won the leagues on both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My lad had all three goals of the month, from the same match, from the same player.

He hit a hattrick and they were all scorchers

Wish I'd got him to save the screenie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amorwong:

but when it does, my players win it from time to time. Not often but fair enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 8.01, it will only pop up in your "messages" when you've been placed in the top three. Otherwise it appears in the "inbox".

Although I thought this had been changed in 8.02 to show it every month. Not patched up?

Most of my screamers seem to occur in cup competitions which are never counted towards GOTM on FM icon13.gif

Also, knacks me off when you bag an overhead kick from the halfway line (ok, I may be exaggerating a little) but the award goes to someone that scores a 'sprint from his own half before applying a tidy finish'....

Its on the counter from a corner, no defenders in sight and a tap in!! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

In 8.01, it will only pop up in your "messages" when you've been placed in the top three. Otherwise it appears in the "inbox".

Although I thought this had been changed in 8.02 to show it every month. Not patched up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have patched up.....so after you mention it, I seem to remember that it really shows up more often after patching up....will go back and see, thanks

In my first season playing this game, a goal by Adebayor won goal of the season. I have rarely actually won goal of the month, although and I am in the top three a lot of the time.

In the Serie A however, I always had at least one goal in the top three goals of the month. But then I had two of the best strikers in the league.

I tend to get goals of the month quite often as well.

Either screamers, or really well worked, pass and move team goals.

Goal of the season is nice (Raffa Van der vaart tends to bag a few of these)

Its also good to see my youth farmed out on loan win goal of the month (shame I cannot watch them though)

Sbulrea juts got goal of the season in La Liga, whilst on load at Villereal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcm:

How many of you has had one of their players win the goal of the month award? And how often? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not often enough when you're dominating your league. I haven't done any tests but my instincts tell me it needs tweaking.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Although I thought this had been changed in 8.02 to show it every month. Not patched up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have patched up.....so after you mention it, I seem to remember that it really shows up more often after patching up....will go back and see, thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im using the new patch and the only time it popped up for me was when one of my players out on loan won it in League One (im in the Prem) - how do you get it to pop up on the news screen every month?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

How many of you has had one of their players win the goal of the month award? And how often? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not often enough when you're dominating your league. I haven't done any tests but my instincts tell me it needs tweaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But just because you're dominating the league doesn't mean you're playing good football, Chelsea don't play good football but they won the league twice recently.

The problem is invariably the goals that win goal of the month. I had a game where Ratinho, beating about 5 players, ran half the pitch and curled the ball with the outside of his foot past the despairing keeper. It was beaten by Tevez scoring with a close range header!

I don't mind missing out, as long as the winning goal is better!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Not often enough when you're dominating your league. I haven't done any tests but my instincts tell me it needs tweaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good football doesnt mean good goals. I dont win it alot but I often see one of my players get in the top three. Now, Goals of the Season is a different matter. Only won that once.

my team although undefeated in 205 league games (at last count) rarely get anyone in the goal of the month despite the fact that I score about 3 goals a game.

To be honest whenever I click on the links to look at them, or even the goal of the season, the goals in question are always a bit plop. I'd like to know how the computer calculates it

Archived